No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I am quitting my job. My probation period just got over, in which I could have quit in 15 days.

But now they are asking me to serve 2 month's notice period because I quit after 6 months are over and they are saying I am a permanent employee.

I haven't yet signed the confirmation letter they gave me. The HR is asking me to sign it even though I have quit.

Is it possible for me to quit in 15 days? Are they afraid that I might leave before serving my 2 months notice period?

From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

If your services are yet to be confirmed technically you need to follow 15 days.

But where ever possible try to negotiate with your HR and try for amicable relieving. If you constrain the relationship and leave your Employer may handle your separation in differently which will spoil your career. So handle the issue carefully.

From India, Madras
KK!HR

The confirmation of your services is not affected by your signing or non-signing of the confirmation letter. It has been issued and you are aware of it, thus you are bound by it. Your signing of the letter only confirms the receipt of it.
From India, Mumbai
raghunath_bv

Hi,
In most cases, your employment terms and notice period should be outlined in your employment contract or offer letter. It's important to review these documents to understand your specific situation.

If you haven't signed the confirmation letter, you may not yet be considered a permanent employee, but again, this depends on the specific terms laid out in your contract.

If your contract or company policies state that you have a 2-month notice period, then you might be bound by this. However, there might be exceptions depending on your jurisdiction or if there are extenuating circumstances.

If you're uncertain about the legal aspects or your rights in this situation, it's advisable to consult with a labour lawyer or an employment expert who can provide you with advice tailored to your specific situation and local labour laws. They will be able to offer you the most accurate and relevant information.
Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.