priyaslakshmi1905@gmail.com

Dear professionals,

A few of our employees are continuously asking the updates for their performance review meeting. The meeting has been rescheduled due to some critical issues. The date rescheduled is not confirmed by the management. The management has informed me that there are some discussions going on and they shall update the date. The same has been informed to the employees. But they still continuously ask about the same. How can we handle the delays and queries of employees better? Looking forward to your guidance.

Thanks in advance.

From India, Kochi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Priyalakshmi,

Though in the wrong context, few HR professionals refer to the concepts of Performance Appraisal (PA) or Performance Review (PR) as an annual salary increment. Have you used the concept of PR in that context? If not, then let me give further clarification.

Occasionally the businesses have to pass through a rough patch. Against this backdrop, it becomes too difficult to maintain the yearly schedule of the salary increase. However, salary increases could be delayed but the process of PR cannot be given short shrift. It should be conducted as per the schedule.

Whether the annual salary increment or PR itself is getting delayed, the top leadership is expected to conduct the town hall meeting and explain why there is a delay. They are expected to be transparent. In contrast, the opacity creates fodder for the grapevine. This, in turn. muddies the organisation's culture.

In view of this, I recommend you speak to the top leadership and convince them of the importance of town hall meeting. Tell them that you are too junior to face the queries from the general staff.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
NK SUNDARAM

I fully agree with Mr. Divekar sir regarding your query. There are two things... One is Performance Review and the other is its linkage to Annual rewards / awards / increment / promotions etc. As HR in charge you need to convey this information to your top management. In many companies, annual appraisal is used to leverage the rewards. This has to be brought in very clearly during the PMS process itself. Lack of clarity or transparency will lead to employees making guesses. It is apparent that in your organisation such a linkage has not been announced formally or officially. If you have a robust PMS in your organisation, this situation would not have arisen. If you do not have a PMS, consider a guy like me. Am into PMS for over 2 decades and now an auditor for several organisations in India and middle east. Best wishes
From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.