No Tags Found!

yogesh-k2464402
I had a stable job in my previous company and decided to pursue a promising opportunity with a new company. However, within one month of joining the new company, I was terminated, and I am currently unemployed.
What are my legal rights and options for filing a complaint after being terminated by my new employer within one month of joining, considering that my offer letter mentioned the possibility of termination without notice during the probation period?

From India, Hyderabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi On what grounds you were terminated? Being short stint instead of following it legally better try and join with your first employer.
From India, Madras
rkn61

Have they served you the Termination order? What are the reasons cited in the same?
You do not have any legal rights/options, for filing a complaint against your employer.
Employer reserves the right of "Hire & Fire", though many companies in India have not
adopted the American style of "Hire & Fire".

Terminating an employee during his probation period is quite easy and management
need not have to give notice also.

From India, Aizawl
Srinath Sai Ram

Dear Mr Yogesh,
Pl provide your Employment details for suitable advise
1.What was your Designation
2.Jobs & Responsibilities
3.Your remuneration/Salary details
4.Services Terminated by Payment of Notice Period Salary as per the Terms & Conditions of Appointment or as Punishment?
For your information & necessary action

From India, New Delhi
raghunath_bv

Hi Yogesh,

It's important to consult with an employment attorney for advice specific to your circumstances.
Review your employment contract and offer letter:
As you mentioned, it's crucial to carefully go through your employment contract and offer letter. Pay attention to any clauses related to termination, notice periods, and probationary periods. This will provide insight into the terms you agreed to when you accepted the job.
Understand probationary period terms:

If your offer letter stated that termination without notice is possible during the probation period, this is a contractual term that you likely agreed to. This means the employer may have the right to terminate your employment without providing advance notice.

Consider possible wrongful termination:
While probationary periods often grant employers more flexibility in termination, there are exceptions. For example, if you were terminated for discriminatory reasons (e.g., race, gender, religion), in violation of public policy, or in retaliation for a legally protected activity (e.g., whistle-blowing), you may have grounds for a wrongful termination claim.

Consult an employment attorney:
Since employment laws can vary by location and specific circumstances, it's crucial to consult with an employment attorney who is familiar with the laws in your jurisdiction. They can provide you with advice tailored to your situation.

Consider unemployment benefits:

Depending on your location and the circumstances of your termination, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits. Contact your local labor department or employment agency to understand the requirements and process.
Gather documentation:
Collect any relevant documentation, such as your employment contract, offer letter, termination notice, and any communication related to your termination. This will be useful if you decide to consult with an attorney or pursue any legal action.

Negotiation or mediation:
Before taking any legal action, it may be worth attempting to negotiate with your former employer or explore mediation if you believe there is room for resolution outside of court and this advice is general in nature and not a substitute for professional legal counsel. An employment attorney will be able to provide you with specific advice based on your jurisdiction and the details of your situation.

Thanks,

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.