Anonymous
Hello Experts, I had got an offer letter from Cognizant Technology Services on 7th Nov 2017 and my Joining date was 8th Jan 2018.
On 5th Jan someone from BGV team called me that my BGV is negative due to my institute is in suspect list they are not going ahead with my joining. I asked if I have given any wrong information, they told no all the information is correct but the institute is in our internal suspect list hence we are not proceeding.
I have done BBA in Distance mode and the same I provided in candidate information sheet when asked by CTS 2 months ago. My institute is approved by government of NCT new Delhi and the license number can be found on it's website too, so wondering how against an Indian state law they can form their own opinion internally.
Do I have any legal option that I can take against CTS as I am not getting any response, till date I have not got even a single email from them regarding this, just got one phone call 2 days prior to my joining.
Thanks for your kind suggestion.

From India, Bengaluru
KK!HR

There is a breach of promise by M/s CTS and hence you can get compensation under the Contract Act 1872 though the courts do not have power to order for your appointment. CTS is a private company so writ petition may not be an appropriate remedy. Any how, first thing is to send them a representation seeking why they are refusing appointment. Await the response and share it.
From India, Mumbai
saswatabanerjee

The comoany has full right to decide who to hire. It is also possible that they have information about irregularities in your institute. Everyone knows that many institute while having the government licenses, are not following rules, issuing fake license atc.
Since we don’t know the details making any specific comment would be impossible.
What they have done wrong is to give you a reason on phone and not in writing. Perhaps they should ave given you an opportunity to present your side of the story. However, there is little you can do. At best the court after long battle will give you some compensation. Under law they would be perhaps liable to give you one months notice pay.

From India, Mumbai
nathrao

Legalities of the action of the company,moralties can be debated.
Fact is they do not want employees from X institute and there is nothing much a candidate can do about it.
Write to them and offer to be tested for skill and aptitude and hope they respond.

From India, Pune
saswatabanerjee

Yes, interesting thing is that the candidate has done BBA from correspondence course, which has little value irrespective of the institute, and if not done from one of the very renowned institutes, the companies generally ignore such cv. I wonder how the HR team didn’t realise during interview that he was from a blacklisted institute
From India, Mumbai
nathrao

Failure to notice qualifications was from black listed institute is attributable to HR incompetency.
Correspondence mode of education has lesser value as such.
The querist is better off looking for another job instead of trying to tackle the company.

From India, Pune
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

This is discrete decission of the management to select the candidate from any institute either of regular or irregular course or with experience or without experience. In the instant case the agency has shown his imaturity while conducted interview and issued appoinment. This is simply harresment and to play with the emotion of poor fellow wandering to earning their livelyhood. There is misnomore about the correspondence mode of education, many talented people opted education for their various problems. The interview is conducted to test the skill and estimate potentiality within candidate for the position. One of my known person is holding a key position of world renowned company had a qualification/ degree from correspndonce course from a lesser known university.
From India, Mumbai
Anonymous
I am also faceing the same problem.
Hello Experts, I had got an offer letter from Cognizant Technology Services on 17 may 2018 and my Joining date was 21st Jan 2018. On 18th may I got call in evening from BGV team called me that my BGV is negative due to my institute is in suspect list they are not going ahead with my joining. I asked if I have given any wrong information, they told no all the information is correct but the institute is in our internal suspect list hence we are not proceeding. I have done B.com in regular mode from mumbai divisional board and the same I provided in candidate information sheet when asked by CTS . My college is aided, so wondering how against an Indian state law they can form their own opinion internally. Do I have any legal option that I can take against CTS as I am not getting any response, till date I have not got even a single email from them regarding this, just got one phone call 2 days prior to my joining. Thanks for your kind suggestion.

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.