No Tags Found!

Anonymous
"I initially requested my HR to reduce my notice period from 45 days but 68 days which was eventually granted after considerable effort. I also inquired about the possibility of a buyout, to which HR responded negatively. Subsequently, I received an email confirmation from HR indicating a 68-day notice period, with no mention of any salary deduction. However, on my last day, I discovered a deduction of 22 days' worth of salary in my final settlement. When I inquired about this deduction with HR, they directed me to 'check the policy.' Could you please advise me on the appropriate legal steps to take in order to seek reimbursement for this deduction? Are there any viable options available?"

Gowtham_hr

Hi, Could you verify the separation clause on your appointment order? What was the notice period specified in your appointment order? If you have a 90-day or 30-month notice period. The employer has the right to deduct 22 days of your pay that you did not service. Technically, you only served 68 days out of 90. So moving this legally is pointless.

Regards
Gowtham

From India, Madurai
Gowtham_hr

typo error: 90 days or 3 months* in the above response
From India, Madurai
praveen-kumar4704001
Policy " 6. The notice period is the time when an outgoing employee hands over his/her current duties and completes the operational part of his/her assignment he/she was responsible for prior to the submission of his/her resignation. Therefore, it is normally expected that an employee works for the entire period of the applicable notice period. When a request for an early release or waiver of notice period has been agreed to by the company, the employee’s leave (PL only) may be adjusted against his/her notice period to the extent of his/her leave balance. If this is inadequate, an amount equivalent to the balance of the notice period will be recovered during the final settlement. The adjustment of leave against the notice period is at the discretion of the company and the employee cannot claim it as a right or an entitlement. All such adjustment of leaves will be on calendar days. "

please let me know and still have any hope to get back my money ?

Gowtham_hr

Hi Praveen,

The number of notice periods that an employee must serve is not specified in policy No. 6 that you shared; only "the entire period of the applicable notice period" is referenced. Please review the appointment order to see if your firm made any mention of it in any other policy number. If not surely you can claim your deductions.

Regards
Gowtham

From India, Madurai
KK!HR

The organisation has been unfair and unethical and HR has been mean. It appears that they considered your request to reduce the notice period to 45 days, but agreed only for 68 days. After agreeing to 68 days, on the last day they indicate a salary deduction for 22 days, making it clear that the notice period in your case is 90 days only. For any legal remedy, do you have anything in writing to the effect that they are agreeing for 68 in all as the notice period to be served? Otherwise, they can defend their stand stating that you wanted a buy-out option and they agreed to it as was possible.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.