No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I worked with a company for 17 years and left in 2016. After that I did not work anywhere. In 2016, I missed taking the EPS scheme certificate from my employer/EPFO however the EPFO portal is clearly showing my service tenure of 17 years. Now I have crossed 58 years of age. I submitted form 10D online on EPFO portal to start EPS, they rejected it saying 'mention scheme certificate'. So I submitted for 10C to get Scheme Certificate, but they rejected saying 'scheme certificate already issued'. I tried to raise a grievance on epfigms portal but that did not help. Please let me know if Scheme Certificate is mandatory when EPFO portal is already showing service tenure. If it is mandatory, what is the way to get Scheme Certificate issued now.

vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Yes scheme certificate is compulsory and you need to surrender the same to PF office to get pension.

Now solution for your case is you should contact the respective PF Office where your 17 years PF contribution is paid. Contact the PRO of the PF Office who will be able to assist you.

From India, Madras
rkn61

For obtaining monthly pension under EPS, Scheme certificate is mandatory and PF will not process your case, without a Scheme certificate. Please approach PF office near to you with relevant details, for solution.
From India, Aizawl
Anonymous
vmlakshminarayanan and rkn61: Thank you for the reply, it was helpful.
My PF account in EPFO's Bandra-Mumbai Office but I live in Pune. Will it be possible to request EPFO Pune office for my scheme certificate? Kindly advice.

rkn61

As PF offices are now 100% digitalised, you can approach to any PF office for redressal of your grievance.
From India, Aizawl
DIPTI SRIVASTAVA 83

I can provide some information on the Scheme Certificate issued by the Employees' Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) in India. Please note that the rules and procedures might have changed since then, so I recommend verifying the current guidelines by visiting the official EPFO website or consulting with EPFO officials directly for the most up-to-date information.

A Scheme Certificate is not mandatory for all EPF members. It is typically issued to employees who have completed 10 years of eligible service and have not attained the age of 58 years at the time of leaving their employment. However, if a member does not meet the criteria for a Scheme Certificate, they are eligible to withdraw the Employee Pension Scheme (EPS) amount in the form of a monthly pension after attaining the age of 58 years.

Since you have completed 17 years of service and have crossed the age of 58 years, you are eligible for a monthly pension under EPS. It appears that you mistakenly applied for Form 10C (for withdrawal of EPS amount) instead of Form 10D (for pension claim) on the EPFO portal.

To claim your monthly pension, you should submit Form 10D online through the EPFO portal. Make sure to select the correct option for claiming a pension under EPS. In case you encounter any difficulties during the online submission, you can approach your nearest EPFO office for assistance or clarification.

Regarding the Scheme Certificate, it may have been issued at the time of your leaving in 2016, and that could be the reason why your subsequent application for Form 10C (for Scheme Certificate) was rejected. If you are eligible for a Scheme Certificate, it is typically issued at the time of leaving the employment.

To resolve any issues related to your EPS pension claim or Scheme Certificate, it is advisable to contact the EPFO directly through their toll-free helpline number or visit the nearest EPFO office. They will be able to guide you on the specific steps to take and assist you with the necessary documentation.

Please note that EPF rules and procedures may be subject to change, and it is essential to verify the current guidelines on the official EPFO website or by contacting EPFO officials directly for accurate and up-to-date information.

Anonymous
Thank you rkn61 and DIPTI SRIVASTAVA 83 for your response, really appreciate it. I will visit the EPFO office in Pune and try to get this addressed.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.