No Tags Found!

abhay-bakshi

Dear Experts,

I was working for my previous employer for 15 years. I resigned from this company in 2021 and working with new company since then. My previous employer has updated date of joining and exit of EPF/EPS properly.
EPF portal also displays my service history correctly.

However today, when I tried to apply for EPS Scheme certificate in EPFO portal, only option I see is PF ADVANCE. Why I am not seeing option to apply for scheme certificate ?

Is scheme certificate really required for pension calculation after I attain age of 58 years ?
BECAUSE, UAN seems to record all service history correctly.

Any help is highly appreciated....

From India, Pune
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi You claim you are working for new employer from 2021? So are they deducting PF and pension contribution? Your PF/ Pension will remain safe in the respective accounts.
From India, Madras
Madhu.T.K

If you have transferred the PF account balance from the last organisation to the present organisation and your service history shows your previous organisation, there is no need to get a scheme certificate. The scheme certificate was mandatory when the process of transfer of various PF services was off line. Please ensure that you have transferred the previous PF balance to the current one. You can also check whether two accounts are available in the PF passbook and the previous account balance is zero with a transfer post at the end.
From India, Kannur
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi

For update pension account will remain in respective PF Account only even after transfer. Only PF transfer will reflect in passbook. At the time of pension disbursement overall pension accumulation will be considered for pension.

From India, Madras
abhay-bakshi

Thank you so much Madhu TK and Lakshmi Narayanan. @Lakshmi Narayanan - Yes sir. My current employer is deducting PF and Pension. The only thing I was worried was I did not bother to apply for scheme certificate after job change.
From India, Pune
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

The general procedure is when you apply for PF & Pension ( after 15 years service) if unemployed, after 60 days waiting period, you will get the PF and for Pension scheme certificate. The scheme certificate you are supposed to surrender to next employer at the time of joining subject to Pension applicability. Now in your case you had already joined other employer with PF / Pension deduction. So can't withdraw both. Only partial withdrawal is possible.

So now please check whether you had transferred the PF/Pension to current employer PF account. If not please apply through UAN login. As already clarified only PF will get transferred to new employer account and Pension will remain in old employer PF account. After 58 years when you apply for Pension with scheme certificate the overall accumulated pension contribution will be considered for pension payment order. Hope the above is clear.

From India, Madras
abhay-bakshi

Thank you Lakshmi Narayanan sir. I am 48 now and don't wish to withdraw PF till 58. I have transferred PF to new employer. Service history in EPF portal shows both employers. No issues there. Please find attached screenshot for your reference. As per response from Madhu T K sir below, it seems it's ok if I don't have scheme certificate since EPF has captured service history properly against my UAN.
From India, Pune
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: png Capture.PNG (37.0 KB, 13 views)

Madhu.T.K

Yes, it is very clear. There is no need to get a scheme certificate. This is enough.
From India, Kannur
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi Yes you are on the right track!
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.