No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I left job with a well known Faang company recently in Jan-22. All formalities were completed and they have processed the FnF and sent me the relieving letter online after 15 days from LWD which i have successfully downloaded from the online payroll portal.

In Apr-22 they reach out to me stating that they overpaid about INR 1.5k due to a miscalculation of income tax in the FnF settlement from their end and they provided bank account number to which i should refund back this amount. They also mentioned in the email that until i clear this amount they will not release the relieving letter.

But since i already downloaded the relieving letter, I was confused what they meant by this so i went into the online payroll portal for ex-employees to check on this and when i try to download the relieving letter now it says relieving letter will be available once settlement is done. (earlier it was available for downloading after FnF was settled)

I have absolutely no problem paying back the excess amount to them and I have been trying to pay this money ever since they contacted me, but the real issue is that they have given me invalid bank account details which is not being recognised in the system (i have even checked with the bank on this). I have written back to the exit helpdesk regarding this but they keep on insisting that the bank account details are correct, I have asked them to share proof of bank account (bank stmnt/cancelled cheque etc.) but to date there is no response from their side

What actions should i take to resolve this matter? And should i be asking them for any kind of receipt once this amount is cleared(hopefully)?

Will this have an impact on my candidature as I am applying for new jobs and will there be any issues in my BGV when i join a new company while i try to sort this issue with the ex-employer

From India, Hyderabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

If you have the option of meeting the HR co-ordinator meet him/her by person.

Verify whether they had paid you additional amount.

Check whether you can repay through Demand Draft.

If so pay through DD and take their acknowledgement of receipt of DD importantly.

From India, Madras
Anonymous
Dear Lakshminarayanan,

Thank you for your reply and suggesting me on the next actions which i can take this is really useful

I also request you to clarify if the ex-employer can cause an impact on my BGV with new company while i try to settle this issue and can i do something to prevent such impacts?

From India, Hyderabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Yes if the issue is not resolved at the time BGV they might not share positive feedback. so to avoid it please expedite and make the payment immediately and importantly get it acknowledged as a proof of payment.

From India, Madras
Anonymous
Dear Lakshminarayanan

Thank you for your response & clarification on the said query

I am in slight disagreement on why this should affect employeee's BGV or put a bad remark for the employee as Clearly the company goofed up the income tax calculations and they have failed to provide correct bank details for refund. Please can you throw some light on why employee should have bad remark for this?

From India, Hyderabad
Anonymous
In addition to the above, I also want to know whether the company is entitled for a penalty for wrongly computing income tax and should this matter be brought to the notice of Income Tax authorities and Labour Ministry of India as whilst the amount is small in this case but the error is a result of sheer negligance and lack of responsibility on company's part
From India, Hyderabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

When the issue is unresolved ( whether fault is with the employer or employee) obviously any employer will not give green tick. With regard to penalty etc I sincerely suggest not to constrain relationship with any ex-employer. Probably even after 15 years some of your prospective future employer might do BGV with the company you left in Jan,22. Constraining relationship will not be good.

From India, Madras
Anonymous
Thank you for reply

As far as constraints goes i think this is why the legal system exists as it is sickening to see companies manipulating accounts and taxes and then acting irresponsibly by making it difficuilt for employees to correct the mistake committed by the company in first place, its worse to note that such companies have the audacity of adopting scruplous means to impact the employees career when they were the ones at fault right from beginning. I appreciate your concern to avoid problems in future but that does not answer my question though. I want to know what does the law of land say in such cases, and i am totally against the idea of not reporting such illegimate acts and leaving them unaddressed in the system and letting these companies do whatever they want with the employees- I hope you agree that companies also need to adhere to code of conduct & follow the law of land

From India, Hyderabad
Anonymous
Update: The company has come back stating they dont have demand draft option and I can only make payment through IMPS/NEFT to the bank account given by them

They are still insisting that account number they gave is correct but they are not providing any proof of bank account and even after telling them that bank has confirmed the account number is invalid, still this ex-employer is not listening

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.