Dintos
Sir, I am working in a spinning mill in a public sector undertaking company. I have one doubt about paid weekly off. Is there any law for paid weekly off? Now we are not getting paid weekly off in this company. Is it law i.e, after 6 working days 1 paid weekly off is compulsory? Please reply thank you, sir.
From India, Ernakulam
KK!HR

If you are being notified minimum wages as per the Government notified rates then weekly off is included in the payment. In deed minimum wages for one day as per government notification is actually wages for one and one sixth day, so in every six days wage payment, an employee gets seven days payment. The daily wages is derived by dividing monthly wages with 26.
As regards your query on the legal provision for paid weekly off take a look at Section 52 (1) reproduced below:
52. Weekly holidays

(1) No adult worker shall be required or allowed to work in a factory on the first day of the week (hereinafter referred to as the said day), unless

(a) he has or will have a holiday for a whole day on one of the three days immediately before or after the said day

From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

What i required is to grant 24 hours of rest after six days working. It is not necessary that the weekly off should be paid day. The statutory average wage (minimum wage) for a day is calculated considering the weekly off and that is why the monthly wages is getting divided by 26 to get daily rate.
From India, Kannur
saswatabanerjee

I am curious as to how you are saying you are not paid for weekly off Please let us know the computation you are referring to.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.