No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi all, My relative/ neighbour has filed an FIR on me and my family under sections 323, 504,506,143,147,149 and the matter is in court under trial. My father and uncle had a small quarrel with relative cum neighbours on rainwater. I and my cousins were there but we were not part of that quarrel but they put our name in FIR also. We all are working in the private sector. May I know does it impact our career/job.
From India, Pune
KK!HR

Not likely at this point. I hope and trust that you are on bail now, you can inform the employer about the matter. In such matters, ultimately the case will get resolved or get dismissed, but if you are convicted it will be a little serious.
From India, Mumbai
Anonymous
Yes..we all got anticipatory bail. I am working in MNC but I have not informed my employer anout this pending case due to fear. Should I inform them or should I wait till the time it comes in their notice.
From India, Pune
KK!HR

Pl check informally what is the organisation's attitude towards such events and you can take a decision based on the possibilities. At this stage you are already on bail and there is no finding of guilt against you. So no need to unduly worry about it. But you can check up with your advocate on what are the possibilities of discharge from the case and if he advises so you may even try your chances under Section 482 of the CrPC in the High Court if you are not able to succeed in the essions Court.
From India, Mumbai
Anonymous
Does anyone know what actions my employer can take in this case. Employer is big MNC IT company from pune.
From India, Pune
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear Colleague,

Mere filing of court case does not mean you are found guilty of the alleged offences. It does not reflect on you until you are adjudged guilty. I think you should maintain cool and wait for the outcome. Court cases keep on dragging and I don't advise you to disclose to your company for the time being.

Practical wisdom lies in thinking of crossing the bridge when you come to it.

Regards,

Vinayak Nagarkar
HR and Employee Relations Consultant

From India, Mumbai
S. KUMAR

Dear Friend I also support the suggestion of suggestions 0f Mr Vinayak. Thanks S.Kumar
From India, New Delhi
Anonymous
What would happen if my employer came to know about this matter. How should I handle that time? Will they take any disciplinary action against me? Like suspension or termination.
If anyone know or seen about such incident please share your thoughts. Much appreciated !

From India, Pune
VikkyAnynomous
Hi Vinayak, whrn should I inform my employer about pending case and will be the consequences of that. Your reply is much appreciated!
From India, Pune
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear colleague,

I believe it would be better to wait till such time as the case progresses to a point where some assessment of the outcome become possible. Ofcourse, nothing can be predicted with certainty about court case and you may have to hit the right time to tell your employer by using your well reasoned judgement.

For an outsider , it is difficult to figure out the what is right time to tell your employer.

Regards,

Vinayak Nagarkar
HR and Employee Relations Consultant

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.