No Tags Found!

Anonymous
For some very personal reasons I want to leave my job. It has been 18 days precisely I have joined this frim. Today, when I submitted my resignation they are asking me to serve 2 months notice period in my probation period. I questioned the company that they hasn't mentioned this in the offer letter. But, 2 months notice period during the course of employment & probation is mentioned in policy manual which was informed during induction (when probation was already started).

Extract from offer letter-

The Company or employee may, at any time during the course of the employment terminate the employment by giving 60 days-notice or salary payment in lieu of that notice, by stating their intention to do so in writing For the purpose of this Clause, salary shall mean the most current base pay

Upon joining, the employee will be deemed to be on a probationary period of 6 months from the Date of Joining, in line with the company's standard Talent Management policy.

HELP ME !!

Can I leave without serving notice period? If I do what can be the consequences?

They are asking me to pay for 2 months if I want to leave today. What should I do?

From India, Mumbai
rkn61

@ Vidhi-Mehta1,

You may please read the extract of the Offer letter issued to you.

" The Company or employee may, at any time during the course of the employment terminate the employment by giving 60 days-notice or salary payment in lieu of that notice, by stating their intention to do so in writing For the purpose of this Clause, salary shall mean the most current base pay"

Please read the portion underlined in the above extract.

If you do not want to pay any heed to this, please be ready to face any consequential action

by the management of your company (which shall include legal action also).

It is written that "any time during the course of employment" ; your probation period fall

under this explanation, hence you are bound to give 60 days (2 months) notice period

or buy out the NP - choice is yours.

From India, Aizawl
saswatabanerjee

If the matter was brought to your attention only when you joined the company, and you did not accept the terms, then you should have left immediately or told your employer that you do not accept the terms.
Once you have seen and signed it (or continued working, even if you didnot sign), then it means you have accepted the terms.
However, in general, few employers will try to keep someone like you for 2 months of the notice period, unless you are doing a critical function that needs to be done and there is no one to take over immediately.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.