No Tags Found!

Anonymous
How prevalent are credit checks for screening new employees (and maybe it differs in smaller companies, mid size, Fortune 500, etc)? How likely are the results to derail a hiring decision? Are hiring managers notified of these results or does it stay within the HR function?
For context, I’m an accounting/finance professional with a public accounting background.... but I’ve made some poor financial decisions and have a fair amount of debt (credit cards and personal loan). So I’m just trying to understand what type of factor this plays in a hiring decision and understanding if (or to what degree) this will impact my candidacy for new roles. I’m in the US, and interested in both accounting roles (controllership) or finance roles (FP&A, Corp Dev, etc).

From United States, Cape Coral
samgarren
I applied to the job as an accountant and had a history of using personal loans like this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...y.advance.loan
Didn't experience any difficulties during the hiring, and said right away that I had financial difficulties for a while. So I worked for the company for two years and left of my own free will.
P.S. Of course, it is better to use loan services carefully, accurately realizing your ability to pay off debts.
Good luck with applying for job!

From India
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,
Credit check of the job applicants is unheard of at least in India. Taking credit or a loan is one's personal matter. Why the hiring company should ask questions on the personal matter is not understood.
Nevertheless, if there is a default in the payment and if the bank or some financial institution has filed a police complaint or civil suit then this disclosure has to be made. However, in many organised companies, a declaration is obtained on the involvement in the criminal case. But that is a different matter altogether.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.