No Tags Found!

Anonymous

Dear Seniors, Two years back 2 senior level employee joined our Company & from then onwards attrition in that dept.is more than double. Despite of knowing this fact our MD is backing up these 2 employee because they are bringing issues on surface, he believes they are performing well, though nothing has been seen in financial results so far.

Their are many instances that shows

1) they have poor people skills,

2) they misuse their authority,

3) complaint about their people in HR on irrational ground,

4) one senior member is influencing HR to initiate actions against employee without having any strong ground, on their own presumed hypothesis they want company to sack people.

Currently he is expecting HR to extend Notice period of one employee because he has taken 3 days leave due to some unavoidable reason, the HOD has neither said approved or disapproved this leave ,pls note the employee has attended meetings on virtual meeting during leave .

Earlier nobody has raised any voice against these HODs but now people are opting to retaliate , this employee is also now started behaving irrationally & taking leaves, not attending important meeting etc.

As per policy we don't give leave during notice period , it is marked LWP but we dont extend notice period. Since these 2 are at influential position right now, they call HR to justify this action & expect us to support them.I have informed this incidence to MD & he may also agree with me. In my last post I have mentioned about this Director (use of unparliamentary language) .

after counselling by MD this behavior is under control but such instances are still a problem. Such conflict are now becoming quiet often & impacting the overall employee moral, company's reputation, increased attrition, sucking HR's productivity , most of the time HR is either engaged in hiring or handling such disputed cased.

Ultimately the sufferer is organization. Such instances are going to increase ,where the HOD, HR & employee will be standing against each other. I do acknowledge that they are knowledgeable ,have some skill that is useful but does it give them right to exploit others? Or I am over thinking on this issue?

Seeking your advice in identifying a permanent solution for such erratic behavior at leadership role , also seeking your advice on how HR should look at it because company's performance & giving a good work culture to people , both are important for us.

From India, Nagpur
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Aakansha,
On 18th Oct 2020, you had given a post titled "Abusive Language Of Director - He Does Not Respect Any Function Nor HOD Or Director At A Parallel Role". Several seniors, including me, have given their replies.
In the Post No 6, of this thread, I had posted my second reply. In my reply, I had written, "Your post shows that you have bound yourself with the company emotionally. Your allegiance to the company in general and to your MD is good. However, for you, your career also should be important. In the toxic work culture, how you will grow that you would know best."
Notwithstanding the advice by the seniors, exactly three months later you have approached this forum once again seeking the guidance. But then you know well where the malaise lies. Therefore, what is the point in raking up the same issue on this forum? At best you could get the sympathy of the members of this forum. But it will not be helpful to build your career!
Final Comments: - Generally, parents cherish fond of changing the behaviour of their wayward child. That may be so for the parents but not for the employees. The employees have a limited time to build their career. Therefore, instead of waiting for the change of the behaviour of your MD or wasting time in the current company, just quit your employment. Find a better opportunity. That is the best solution!
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.