No Tags Found!

atul-nipankar
Hello, I am looking for a sample policy for not allowing teams to use mobile phones on the floor. Would appreciate any inputs on the same.
Particularly for BPO teams, we would like to prevent the usage of camera phones, employees should not be able to take screen photo.

From India, Pune
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Atul Nipankar,

To prohibit the use of mobile phones in the workplace, I found other BPOs providing the lockers to their employees. Employees are required to keep the phone in safe custody and after completion of their duty, they can take out the phone and carry it with them.

The second provision I found was to block the camera with the security tape of the company. They can use the smartphone but without a camera.

Notwithstanding the above suggestions, if you have a fear of employees taking photos of the screen and thereby gaining access to the information unauthorisedly then how far these suggestions will work remains to be seen. This is because nowadays the spy cameras are available for the price as low as Rs 1,500/- There are spy pens, spy watches, spy lockets and so on. While you may impose the ban on the use of the camera-phone, how can you ban carrying spy-pen or spy-watch? Those who want to gain access to the information and further leak it, they will do it anyway.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.