No Tags Found!

raj-kondvilkar
I'm currently working at a company as a fresher from Jan 2020. I wanted to know more about the clauses about the termination of service. Can someone please explain to me these clauses?

1.During probation/traning period, your services can be terminated by either side with a prior written notce of thirty (30) calendar days on paper. However, on confirmation

your services can be terminated by either side with a prior written notice of ninety (90) calendar days including weekly offs and paid hoidays.

2. In case you leave our employment without giving notice, you will pay or we shall have

the right to deduct as liquidated damages an amount equivalent to thirty (30)ninety

(90) days salary as applicable from any amount that may be due to you.

3. Whilst the Company reserves the right to release you upon your resignation prior to the conclusion of your notice period wthout paying notice pay for the balance notice period, decision. allow notice pay in lieu of notice is at the sole discretion of the management.

4. In case of your departure without completing the hand-over procedure as per the then prevailing policy of the Company, you shall be considered to be in the continued employment of the Company without pay and shall continue to be bound to the terms of this Appointment Letter

5. If you leave the Company within a period of twelve (12) months from the date of your

joining, you will fully reimburse the Company, any payment made to you at the time of selection to facilitate your joining such as cost of relocation, travel for self and

family.

6. In addition, the Company reserves the right to recover the cost incurred on your training processing the visa / work permit obtained for work related travel. In case of your departure during the probation period, the company also reserves the right to recover the stipend/salary paid from the date of joining till date of departure

From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: jpg IMG-20200920-WA0001.jpg (112.1 KB, 24 views)

loginmiraclelogistics

Hi Raj, All the clauses are very clearly explained, self explanatory, what’s your doubt? Do you have any problem in understanding the terminology used?
From India, Bangalore
raj-kondvilkar
In clause no 5 Do I have to pay whole 12 months salary (even if I’m working for 9 monyhs) back to the company If I leave within 12 months??
From India, Mumbai
rkn61

In clause no.5, there is no mention of salary. Only expenses incurred by company at the time of selection of you in the company, such as, any payment made to you at the time of selection to facilitate your joining such as cost of relocation, travel for self and family, etc are to be refunded by you to company, if you intend to leave the company within 12 months from your date of joining.
All clauses are self-explanatory and are easily understood.

From India, Aizawl
loginmiraclelogistics

Precisely..
.... "any payment made to you at the time of selection to facilitate your joining such as cost of relocation, travel for self and family,"
Most of the employers don't pay any amount at the time of i) selection and ii) joining, iii) re-location for yourself & family. If any, then you have to consider refunding them. That's all stated therein in clause 5, as also explained by Mr.PRN above.
On the other hand some firms reimburse such expenses ON Joining or Re-location, at actuals on production of tickets, Vrs./bills. If so, you have to repay them.
On some other instances, firms insists on repaying expenses/payments made during training. Which has not involved in your case I believe.

From India, Bangalore
raj-kondvilkar
This claues would still apply to me even If I haven’t received and signed the appointment letter that has the termination of service clauses
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.