No Tags Found!

Anonymous
My husband passed away in January 2020 and my mother and father inlaws passed away in 2018. Due domestic violence I left house six years back. My husband nominated house EPF, gratuity and COMMUTATION to her sister. Can I claim without succession certificate?
Priti.

From United States, Marietta
meera-kaura-patel

Hi Priti,
Nomination only entitles the nominee to receive such funds from the concerned authority, but that does not mean that the legal heirs would not have a right to receive them. You should ascertain some facts first - Did he leave behind a will? If he left behind a will and bequeathed such funds to his sister, you would have to challenge the will when probate or letters of administration is filed by sister. You should also get a succession certificate in the meantime to claim your rights. So long as you were not formally divorced (i.e. a decree obtained through courts) and there is no will, you / your children (if any) are class 1 legal heir and have rights over and above his sister. But I think you would not get the EPF, Gratuity, commutation, etc. without succession certificate.
Best,
Meera Kaura Patel
Partner, LawCircle

From India, Delhi
Anonymous

For EPF claim you may approach to regional EPF commissioner. Considering the all evidences and situation PF commissioner may give decision in your favour.
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.