Anonymous
Hi all,
Would request you, to guide me how to proceed in my case. I used to work in an MNC.
My LWD was on March30,2020 . Because of lock down new company(mid sized) changed it to 15th April. I was a bit skeptical about new company and revoked my resignation which got accepted in my old company.
I had few talks with the HR of new company and they convinced me that they would start my joining formalities as soon as govt. allows to open the company, due to which i resigned second time within a gap of 4 days based on the commitment of new company HR.
My old company manager was good enough to accept and allowed me to stay a bit longer understanding the market scenario.
New company fooled me that new joining will happen by May 1st week again, and when time came they postponed it to 1st July.
And now they have again postponed it to 3rd Aug, which can be clearly understood by anyone that they are not interested to continue with the joining but just extending to make me go by myself.
Now, i am jobless for more than 2 months and i am under tremendous pressure to meet my financial commitments and loans.
They are neither responding to my calls nor to my emails.
The entire postponement and acceptance of offer letter by me happened through emails.
Now, i want to know do i stand a chance to win the case if i go legally.
Request you to kindly suggest me on this.
Thanks in advance!!

From India, Mumbai
Venkata Vamsi Krishna Patnaik

Dear friend,
This is a quite hapless situation you are facing.
I believe many of job aspirants/who got offers face this due to the economy and crisis of COVID-19.
Do you have a written communication for the offer acceptance and the further extension of joining.
But as per my advise, instead of fighting out legally you better have a personal talk with the HR or Top Management and take a call.
Don't lose hope and start trying for new opportunities as you are already experienced and re-openings are bound to happen after the recuperation of COVID-19,crisis.

From India, Hyderabad
Anonymous
Hi , Yes, i have the offer letter , its acceptance, extension of DOJ everything in mail. Thanks!!
From India, Mumbai
Vaishalee Parkhi

As rightly suggested by Mr. Venkata Vamsi Krishna, call them or visit them personally to understand the situation. You will come to know if they are fooling around or handling your matter seriously.
As a last resort (it might look awkward too) approach your old company to check if they have filled up your vacant position. If not, tell them you would like to join them and now work wholeheartedly.
There is no problem in taking a U Turn - but then the responsibility lies on you to work with due diligence and rebuild the trust in the minds of employer.
All the best

From India, Pune
Bhartiya Akhil

Dear ANNONYMOUS Friend,
Covid has taught us many things. Those who have taken lessons from it they are the winners.
Unfortunately you are not a winner.
There is no need to say by any one that this is not the right time to have a change. All the equations are changed on outbreak of Covid 19. I am sure, today you will not find any employer like you had earlier who revoked your resignation in such unprecedented situation. It was your un-wise decision to resigned second time in four days time.
No other than you is responsible for this situation where in you are rendered yourself unemployed. You can not do any thing to anybody, neither to your past employer nor to the offering company, legally.
Today every one is going through bad time. This is not a permanent situation. This has to change. Till such time one has to have patience. Try your best with both with humble, your past company as well the offering company. I can only wish you for the best.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.