No Tags Found!

sridharan-n
I have been working in the said Ltd company in senior Management level for over 10 years . Left the company due to superannuation-retirement. While the company has confirmed to me vide email message , the amount payable to me by way of full and final settlement shown in the company's books ,but regret inability to pay on account of funds difficulty and requesting me to bear with for some time - this some time being more than four years by now. They have confirmed the settlement amount as per their calculation by email to me as recent as five months back. As a reply to this email , I have requested them again to expedite the release of payment. Discussions with the company have not got any positive result.
What is the recourse to make them pay?

From India, Chennai
umakanthan53

Dear friend,
As you have stated your service with the Organization for about 10 years in a senior management position and your exit was due to attaining the age of superannuation. Normally, therefore, your terminal benefits would be statutory gratuity and the unavailed earned leave,if any at your credit. There may be some other benefits if so mentioned in your contract of employment about which we are unaware. You can take legal action for the unpaid gratuity by filing a claim u/s 7 of the Payment of Gratuity Act,1972 before the controlling Authority for the area where you worked last. Regarding other unpaid terminal benefits under the contract of employment you can institute civil action only.

From India, Salem
Sreekanth Reddy Narala
Hi,
We are a Higher Educational Institute ie deemed to be University as per UGC Act. We are registered as Principal employer under CLRA from State Govt.
1. Who is the appropriate authority for Labour Registration for Higher Education Institutions ie State or Central?
2. Do we need to register under Shops & Establishment Act too?
3. Who is appropriate authority under Payment of Gratuity Act as we have received a general notice/letter from Regn Labour Commn, (Central) on compliance of P.G Act.
Regards,
Sreekanth

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.