vinus8
My Company recently laid off me saying the company is running in loss. They did not pay even notice period salary, gratuity or anything else. They did not even provide me my relieving letter.
What can I do to get my salary and all other dues (including relieving letter)? Please help me urgently.

From India, undefined
tajsateesh

Hello Nathrao,

I think the Company here is LYING.

Had there been a genuine financial difficulty, the general/natural response SHOULD have been to give at least a GOOD-RATED Experience Letter to the employees--so that they would be able to get other jobs ASAP.

Gratuity, salaries, etc may not have been paid due to genuine constraints.....but the INTENT to keep the employees happy to the extent possible WOULD have driven the Management to ensure the employees settle down elsewhere faster--IF the financial difficulties were GENUINE.

We keep getting such requests from HR Managers whenever they decide to layoff an employee [for whatever reason(s)].....showing another option to him/her.

And here's a Company who doesn't wish to do even the little they can afford to.

@Vinus8--

I can't see any other way BUT to got legal for you & others......but unless ALL of you go together, the fight MAY be tough. Such managements tend to adopt a 'divide & rule' policy adeptly.

All the Best.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
korgaonkar k a

Dear Nathrao,
With due respect to you Sir, can I ask you from where you got this?
I think, you need to re-look to your response.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............

From India, Mumbai
vinus8
They say you can come to office and work but they dont have money to pay.. which is disgusting.. they could have laid off earlier by paying layoff pay gratuity etc...
From India, undefined
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.