No Tags Found!

nehabhatnagar
Hi, I have a doubt regarding the statutory bonus to be released for the employees in a financial year. My Company released bonus in the last financial year, but few employees left the organisation at the time of the release of the bonus. As per the government laws, the bonus should be given to the ex-employees too of that particular financial year, but we are unable to get in touch with three of them due to their address change and mobile number change. Now let me know what should be done in that case -----should cancel the bonus payment or what? Please guide
From India, Jaipur
Kritarth Consulting

One Way out is to seek & secure Help of the Co-Workers/Colleagues of such Ex-Employees whose Postal Address changed & surely info will be shared also send intimation Letter by Regd Post Ad to those 3-4 at thier Permannet Home Addresses recorded in yourEsta Records
Kritarth Team,

From India, Delhi
umakanthan53

Dear Neha,
Yes; the statutory bonus has to be paid to employees who worked in the establishment during the concerned accounting year but left before its disbursement. I don't think that the Payment of Bonus Act,1965 has any specific provision for disposal of the unpaid bonus due to non-traceability of the left employees. Wherever Labor Welfare Boards are in existence under the State Labor Welfare Fund Act, certainly there are provisions relating to deposit of unpaid accumulations of amounts payable to workmen in industrial establishments under the Act. I think that the State of Rajasthan does not have such a State Labor Welfare Board. Therefore, you may keep the amount in unpaid a/c for some time; alternatively, you may deposit it with the Authority under the Payment of Wages Act,1936 as per sec.25-A of the Act.

From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.