No Tags Found!

View Poll Results: To start a career in Hr ,which domain will be most usefull?
Recuritment 6 66.67%
training and development 1 11.11%
Statutory 2 22.22%
Administration 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

prathyusha-t
I am pursing mba in HR specialization. to start the career in hr, which domain will be helpful for me.
Can you provide me the detail information about that domain so that it can be good start to my career.

From India, Hyderabad
HRakash

Hi,
Students usually kick off with recruitment or talent acquisition profiles as these are most common jobs in the market for freshers with low to medium salary packages. Also, there are numerous recruitment agencies willing to hire young students.
However, ask yourself this question first:
1. Are you good at convincing people?
2. Do you really want to spend the whole day at hiring?
3. Do you find recruiting people for new jobs really interesting?
If you choose to start off with generalist role, jobs are few but you will learn recruitment, training, admin work, basically you will soon be trained to become an all rounder in this profile as you are multi-tasking at different tasks in hand.
You need to consider your level of interest not what the market has to offer. Do what you love the most, probably, in your internship you must have had experience with recruitment handling so did you enjoy that?
Wish you all the best.
Thanks and Regards,
Akash Sharma

From India, Delhi
prathyusha-t
Hi
Thank you so much for your valuable information.
At my internship time i worked as a recruiter and it was quit interesting and a difficult task to complete. but I was also involved in other activists like administration and payroll works.
I also wanted know about the scope of HR analytics
If you proved me this info it will be very useful for me
Thanks and regards
Prathyusha

From India, Hyderabad
HRakash

Hi,
You need to understand both recruitment and generalist profiles are demanding in their respective fields. There are various recruitment consultancies that train freshers on calling skills, candidate interactions, closing profiles within TAT, dealing with client portfolios, etc. However, there might be instances where few candidates would not turn up for the interview, you would need to take the blame for it but if you manage to close the profile then incentive schemes designed for you would be awesome.
Generalist role on the other hand, prepares you to manage different fields of HR, you would need to improve on time management, people skills, data reporting which would mean hands on skills required in excel/word/ppt.
HR Analytics has good scope, but it is a more senior profile. You would be expected to suggest better hr processes/policies, understanding of the business requirements with the company and employee goals, you need to be hands on with data management, predictive analytics, tools used for data analytics, expert in reports and MIS. Management will not wait for you to settle down, they would expect you to deliver from day one since the role calls for excellent knowledge in interpreting data to choose correct course of action, maximizing efficiency in job roles, hands on in metrics/excel/hris/dashboards/scorecards/analytics tools, etc.
Thanks and Regards,
Akash Sharma

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.