No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hello all,
As per the "employee" definition in ESI Act:
"...who is employed by or through a immediate employer on the premises of the factory or establishment or
under the supervision of the principal employer or his agent, on work which is ordinarily part of the work
of the factory or establishment or which is preliminary to the work carried on in or incidental to the
purpose of the factory or establishment..."
My question is, suppose a school hires a contractor for white wash. So, whether the workers employed by the contractor are employees for the school as per ESI Act above definition, and do they need to deduct ESI contribution from the payment to the contractor, if the contractor is not registered under the Act?.
Please explain in simple language.

From India, Noida
Babu Alexander

Yes. As per the definition the contractor payment would attract ESI. My suggestion is let the contractor submit bills 1) cost of materials 2) cost of hiring equipment, 3) labour charges separably. You may have to deduct on the Labour charges , the Management Contributions of ESI and pay to ESIC.
From India, Madras
Anonymous
Thank you for your reply. I want to ask further that how the contribution is paid online? Do I have to create employee IP number on ESIC portal?
From India, Noida
Anonymous
Please someone reply. .
From India, Noida
Pradipta Nath

Please go once through the ESIC portal, everything is given there.
From India, Kolkata
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.