No Tags Found!

vineet_28387

I have one query related to 5 days working for the workman. If the company decided to give alternate Saturday off, then can we increase the workman's normal working hours for the remaining days . How much we can increase? Please have your inputs.
From India, Yavatmal
nathrao

A reading of Factories Act provisions regarding working hours will clear your doubts. Your plan will not meet the legal test presently.
From India, Pune
vineet_28387

Thank You Nahrao.
I have one doubt. Section 51 tells us that No adult worker shall be required or allowed to work in a factory for more than forty eight hours in a week.
Section 54 tells us that no worker shall be required or allowed to work in a factory for more than nine hours hours in a day.
Is it meant that worker can work up to 54 hours?
Please reply.
Thanks,
Vineet

From India, Yavatmal
nathrao

An adult worker shall not be employed for more than 48 (forty eight) hours in a week and not more than 9 (nine) hours in a day. A compulsory rest of at least half an hour (30 minutes) between each period of work and such period of work shall not exceed five hours. Total period of work inclusive of rest interval cannot be more than 10.5 hours. The Chief Inspector may by giving a reason in writing increase the workday time up to twelve hours. According to Minimum Wages Act, 1948 the working day of a worker shall be so arranged that inclusive of the interval of rest it shall not exceed 12 hours on any day.
From India, Pune
vineet_28387

Thank You Vineet
From India, Yavatmal
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear HR colleague,
The provisions under the F A provides for 8 hours of work per day or 48 hours of work per week excluding meal break of half an hour.
Daily working hours up to 9 hours are allowed including over time work.
If you are intending for 5 day week working, you can work daily 9 and weekly 45 hours which will be lesser than weekly limit of 48 hours . Unlike those working for 6 days week , 9 hours working in your case will be considered normal working and one hour in excess of 8 hours daily work will not be treated overtime work.
You can fix daily timings of work up to 9 hours excluding half an hours meal break.
Regards,
Vinayak Nagarkar
HR- Consultant.

From India, Mumbai
vineet_28387

Thanks Vinayak Sir.
It means:
Week 1: Total Hours = 45 (5 Day working)
Week 2: Total Hours=54 (6 Day Working)
Week 3: Total Hours=45 (5 Day working)
Week 4: Total Hours=54 (6 Day Working)
All above considered as normal working hours.
Please confirm,
Thanks,
Vineet

From India, Yavatmal
nanu1953

Dear Vineet,
This is absolutely wrong interpretation. Please go through the OT section as per F A. As per your above explanation, 1st and 3rd week is ok. But In 2nd week & 4th week 54-48= 6 hrs will be OT.
Thanks & Regds.,
S K Bandyopadhyay ( West Bengal)

USD HR Solutions

From India, New Delhi
ajita-s
Dear Colleagues,
Greetings!!!
I have Query regarding Daily Allowances / Daily Travel Allowances for Sales staff, for their daily routine visits & relocation for plants / Branches / training's for couple of weeks or daily wise.
as i have to prepare for my firm.

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.