No Tags Found!

nehapatel0904
I am Working With It company, I need help. In my office there are some employee are doing rumours against some employee that they have resigned, i got complain from that employee that "mam all are asking why you resigned actual I don't want to leave the job". We have 100+ staff how can i send msg and mail to all that stop this kind of rumour. Please help me on this.
From India, Ahmedabad
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Neha,
At the workplace, there are two types of communications, one is formal and another is informal. Both co-exist and are inseparable. Rumours are offshoot of informal communication.
As far as the case at hand is concerned, someone must have felt that person X has resigned from his job. However, feelings appear to be over-inflated and took the shape of a rumour. Like a bubble, this rumour started floating in the office.
You may circulate a mail stating that a rumour has been going round about person X's resignation. However, the person does not have any intention to quit the job. As a cautionary advice, write that employees should not rely on informal sources and neither should they pry on someone's resignation.
Lastly, about the quality of your English. It has spelling and grammar mistakes and hardly it befits a stature of manager. Therefore, before uploading your post, think of the general estimation that comes along with the designation. If you ignore the suggestion, it could be at your peril.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
nathrao

Start an daily email with thought of the day.
First mail could be
"Dont believe rumours"
The informal network of communication can be used effectively.The man spreading rumors can be spoken to in casual terms and message that no resignation is pending in HR can be passed to him.

From India, Pune
KK!HR

Informal communication or 'grape wine' as it is known, is a living reality in all orgnisations and has to be grappled with. The misinformation could be many a time highly mischievous or dangerous to the morale in the organisation, like spreading rumour of resignation of key managerial personnel etc. The first task is recognising that such informal communications exist, an onerous task, as many of the times these rumours do not have an ascertained source, any fertile mind can spread a rumour and soon it spreads and in no time all people will be talking about it. This reflects to an extent inadequate downward communication. More or less all organisations rely on formal channels for downward communication and such rumour mongering indicates that there exists weak links in the channel and the information the employees are curious of is not reaching them. The action plan could be to strengthen the communication channels, emphasise regular meeting at departmental/sectional level, use of internet/social media like whatsup group etc to communicate important message etc, create an informal group (when we faced this issue we developed a group of Internal Resource Persons from across various levels who were perceived to be opinion leaders in the work area and were regularly shared all official information) and lastly but importantly if you are able to identify any mischief monger confront him and threaten action if such undesirable tendencies are persisted. By taking such pro-active steps this problem could be contained, I won't say eliminated.
From India, Mumbai
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear Neha ,
This type of rumour may be either prank or malicious.
Make a drama of enquiry by calling the concerned staff to your cabin/meeting room one by one and question them. You may reach the rumour monger or not but message will go that the management has come to know of such happening and has taken serious note of it.
Secondly, send out strongly worded mail to all stating , among other things, that the rumour mongers are under scanner and when found will meet with strict action including dismissal.
This action might put some curb. But keep watch through your informal channel to find out the real culprit and deal with him with progressive reprimand i e counselling, warning , suspension and discharge.
Regards,
Vinayak Nagarkar
HR-Consultant.

From India, Mumbai
nejati80

Dear Neha Patel,
I’ve gone through your post and found so much missing information as follows;
• The employee has resigned and someone informed her mother about office issues and problems?
• Do you have employee handbook and confidentiality rules into your office?
• Don’t you think this is more about some personal issue, rather than the official one; as how the employee's mother got information through your colleagues?
• Is there any evidence of past records about the same problem with some other employees
Please have a look into the case and have more analysis into this. Make ensure to have a proper tool for investigation and find out senior management thoughts on this. Ultimately, from my point of view you need to work on the following area;
• Develop anti harassment and whistle blowing policy in the organization
• Serious disciplinary measurements and announcement to all staff
• Obtain support of senior management
• Re-review and distribute the employee handbook and obtain each staff member signature on the documents
• All staff meeting and raise this issue and future actions in the meeting
• Finally work on organization culture that might take several months and even years to boost the employee relation and positive working environment
Let me know for more question and assistance!!

From Singapore, Singapore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ฎ

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.