No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi I am sales representative in MNC pharma Company
As per Company policy On holiday or Sunday if your Leaving your HQ on Sunday you need to inform immidiate manager
I have unknowingly sign on Document while joining which state that Holiday or Sunday if you are leaving your working Headquarters that you need to inform your manager so ,Recently i had an Argument with my manager that Sunday is weekly of or Holiday i am not responsible for informing you on Sunday
So is taking action against me that i have not inform him that i am leaving my Headquarters and he has not Informed me. I was under consideration that Sunday is weekly off or Holiday he can not tell me do company work on Sunday so due to this we had very heated conversation
Now he is telling me he will take action against me as per complaince policy so i have to leave company
Kindly advise is any rule or law which define Sunday as weekly off or Holiday and any law or rule which say that on Sunday you can not tell employee to do Company work so
Please suggest what to do in Critical situation .

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear friend,
If you are leaving for official duty on Sunday or on Closed Holiday then you are required to inform to your manager. This is what is your company's policy is. But then you did not inform. Was it that difficult for you to keep manager posted? What was the cost of passing this information?
In many companies, keep your manager posted, is a motto. Information, be it good or bad, juniors must pass it on to the managers. This is what is taught to the juniors. Now rather than following company rule, why did you enter into argument with your Manager? It is not advisable to have ego clash with the managers and other seniors on these pity issues. Even with one single incident, he could perceive you as a person who is impervious to reason and when you are in dire need, he may not show accommodativeness.
Now I recommend you tendering your apology verbally. If manager asks you to tender it in written letter, then do it so. But make sure that in future you do not lock your horns with your manager on these small matters. Consider your manager as your guide, coach, mentor, and above all senior or elder person. Not just his authority but sometimes you have to put up with his idiosyncrasy as well.
Possibly your performance level might be higher but it is advisable not keep one's ego directly proportional to the performance!
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.