No Tags Found!

maniks2406

\Can anyone from you please tell me about how many minimum holidays we need to offer to our employees in a calendar year apart from the earned leaves. Some says 7, some says 9 or some says 12. Please let me know which statutory norm decides this & it would be great if anyone can send me any government document states the same rule or may be any link you may advice. Presently we are following minimum 7 criteria but I want to be sure on this !!
From India, Jaipur
KK!HR

The provision of leave is contained in the following statutory provisions.
1.Section 79 of Factories Act 1948 mentions it as Annual Leave @ 1:20 work days.
2. If Factories Act does not apply, then Shop & Establishment Act of the respective states makes provision for annual leave,
3. Standing Orders, if you have certified Standing Orders otherwise Model Standing Order provision would apply if you have more than 100 workmen employed. Model S.O. provisions also vary from state to state.
Pl check your position and follow it fully.

From India, Mumbai
maniks2406

Sir, Thanks for the reply, But my query was regarding holidays like ... Diwali, Republic day, Gandhi jayanti etc. I want to ask how many minimum holidays we need to offer to our employees ?
From India, Jaipur
KK!HR

For this you need to check whether your State has a National & Festival Holidays Act, if so l follow it. In any case the National Holidays like Republic Day, Independence Day, Gandhi Jayanthi (Certain states have 1st May, Ambedkar Jayanthi) have to be necessarily holidays. Regarding festival holidays you may also contact the local Labour Office.
From India, Mumbai
murugavelbalaraman

Dear Member,
Wherever, The National, Festival and Special Holidays Act as applicable the state has to declare National and Festival Holidays.
National - Republic, Independence, May Day and Gandhi Jayanthi. Certain States not considering May Day as National Holiday.
Festival - It normally 5 days in a Year. The employer on their choice in consultation with their workers declare Festival Holidays.
Special Holidays - It is an absolute right of the State Government to declare under special circumstances or any emergency in a state or part.
Please note that, the state government can declare partial holiday for certain districts or regions.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.