esagrawal
Sir I am a contract basis lecturer working in govt. engineering college in Maharashtra. The institute is paying me consolidated salary of Rs 30,000. I am working from last 6 years but employer has not deducted PF from my salary and they have not even created our PF account. Please guide.
From India, Nanded
KK!HR

Perhaps the institute has kept you out of PF membership, as you are drawing more salary than the PF coverage limit (Rs. 15,000/pm currently) . There is no illegality committed.
From India, Mumbai
esagrawal
yes sir, but in the same organisation the regular employees having salary more than this are having CPF and other reductions
From India, Nanded
KK!HR

OK, then there is a case of discrimination between regular employees and contract staff, both working at the same establishment. But the statutory applicability of PF Act is limited to Rs. 15,000/- (likely to be extended to Rs.21,000) and so the PF authorities cannot be really helpful. So no real help comes in this matter.
From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

This statutory limit of Rs 15000 etc does not apply to Government Departments. In such colleges the appointments will be purely adhoc even though these employee work for years and their service rules or the Maharashtra Service Rules does not provide for payment of PF contributions to adhoc employees. For more details you are requested to refer the service rules.
Please be informed that an employer is under an obligation to pay PF to his employees only when the Employees Provident Fund and Misc. Provisions Act is applicable to him. In this case the employer is Maharashtra State Govt and the institutions coming under the state is not covered by the EPF and MP Act. Govt has statutory provident fund schemes which is entirely different from our EPF Schemes.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.