No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I was notified by employer on November 20th my position would be eliminated. This was communicated verbally in a face to face meeting with the company President. He stated I would be paid for an additional 2 week pay period ( bi-weekly pay period.) therefore I’d be paid on November 23 (for the previous pay period) and my final pay would be on Dec 8th.
As promised I received my final pay on Dec 8th. However I was not informed my insurance benefits would be eliminated effective Nov 30th of the previous pay period. Can an employer eliminate your benefits prior to final pay? I’ have a dr. Appt next week but no longer have insurance. Also, I did not receive notice of insurance cancellation or Cobra. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

From United States, Baton Rouge
Prashant B Ingawale

There are some policies that whenever employee gets separated from organization the insurance benefit eXtingush automatically so need to check your policy terms & conditions first to reply.
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.