No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi Members. i seek to resolve and record in my knowledge that what is the maximum time/months/year to engage a Continent Paid/Daily wages/Casual Employees in a company.
From Pakistan, Rawalpindi
umakanthan53

Dear friend,
I think your query is about the engagement of contingent workmen. Pl first think over what casual employment is and then what would it mean if one or more employees are regularly and continuously employed in the organization on daily wage basis. In employment parlance "casual work " or " contingent work " means occasional/incidental work and " Casual Labour " or " contingent labour " means people engaged on such works intermittently or occasionally without any regularity. Mode of payment is not a determinant in such engagement. Regularity of employment and nature of work are the determinants. If the work is of perennial nature and one or more persons are regularly employed through out a year on such work and the total no of working days comes to 240 days or more, then their service becomes "continuous service" as per S.25-B of the Industrial Disputes Act,1947.

From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.