Sonia Devi
Hi, I'm working in an organisation since 2011. My esic contribution was deducted from my salary from 2011 to 2013. After July 2013 my salary become more than 15k so esic contribution was not deducted. From Jan 2017 again I was under esic and my contribution for the same was deducted till 15 March 2017 as I have to go for maternity leave from 16 March. Now I have joined back and I was gone to my esic office for claiming salary of 6 months. But they refused by saying that I should have contributed for at least 9 months to claim maternity benefit. Pls advice.
From India, Noida
Srinath Sai Ram

Dear Sonia Devi, before proceeding on Maternity leave under ESI, you should have checked your eligibility by logging to ESI Portal with your ESI Insurance Number.Now, please log in & take print of the same & share with your Employer.
Since, you are not eligible for ML under ESI, Your Employer has to pay ML i.e 26 Weeks Salary to you under The Maternity Benefit Act, 1961.Please submit your claim with all supporting Documents/Medical Certificate, Delivery Certificate etc

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.