No Tags Found!

deepak-asd
I have joined my first company on oct 2013 which is PF trust managed. The company was paying me a basic salary of Rs.11430 and contributing regularly to my EPF. I joined other company since 2016.

I had enrolled for the higher pension option few months ago through EPFO member portal. When the application reached my first company, they rejected my application stating that my PF wages was below Rs.15000 (w.e.f. 01 sept 2014). They also attached a circular on their rejection mail that I have attached here.

I did some research and was able to find only below relevance to Rs.15000:
 The contributions are payable on maximum wage ceiling of Rs.15000/-
 The employee can pay at a higher rate and in such case employer is not under any obligation to pay at
such higher rate.
 To pay contribution on higher wages, a joint request from Employee and employer is required [Para 26(6)
of EPF Scheme]. In such case employer has to pay administrative charges on the higher wages (wages
above 15000/-).
 For an International Worker, wage ceiling of 15000/- is not applicable.

I did not find any rule which could be the basis of rejection as stated by the company. If their claim of rejection is correct, please point me to the relevant govt circular/mandate/rule. If their claim of rejection is not correct, what should be my next step?

From India, Hyderabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Payment Method Circular dated 09 May 2023.pdf (514.7 KB, 7 views)

Madhu.T.K

In order to qualify for higher pension, the basic thing to be done is contribution to PF on salary above Rs 15000. If your employer had not contributed to PF on salary above Rs 15000, then you cannot get higher pension.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.