No Tags Found!

Pri@ya
I am not sure about the labour act covering wages and overtime pay. My exposure to things related to statutory requirements covering personnel policies is very limited. From what I have observed, administration and management staff (even assistants like accounts or administration assistant) are generally not paid overtime pay. I do not know if the law doesn’t mandate it or it is just a practice. However workers are paid overtime at 2 times their regular pay.
Kindly explain any one.

From India, Gurgaon
umakanthan53

White collar employees like accountants, cashier, clerks, stenographers and/or typists, receptionists etc either employed in separate offices or offices attached to the factory premises are also persons employed or workmen under the respective establishment-specific labor law as the case be and the Industrial Disputes Act,1947. They are, therefore certainly entitled to over time wages as per the law applicable to them when they are required to work beyond their normal working hours. It may be just a practice not to make any statutory claim for O.T wages either because of their loose schedule of work or because of the degree of closeness to the higher echelons of the organizational hierarchy and the confidentiality they enjoy.
From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.