No Tags Found!

swatichawla31
Can probation period be different for different employees or company should keep the standard probation for all the hires?
From India, Delhi
manojkamble

Dear Swati, Yes, you can apply different notice period for different employees of your company. There is no compulsion to keep standard probation period.

nan_swan

Hi Swati
Probation Period can be different for different employee's level. You can categorized either based on their experience or flash points for example-
Intern - 6 month or 1 years
Entry Level - 6 months
Mid Level - 3 Months
Higher Level - 1 Month
Except the President, CEO, CFO, COO & MD of the company. It is totally based on your company what duration you want to chose. You have to identity with your team how much time new employee needed to proof himself and learn the process.
Regards
Nain

From India, Pune
swatichawla31
Thank you very much for the answers. I really appreciate it :)
From India, Delhi
Shrikant_pra

Is Industrial Employment Standing Orders Act applicable to your company? If yes it has got be uniform as mentioned therein. Manoj Kamble & Nain please note.
From India, Mumbai
swatichawla31
Hi Srikant,
Thank you for your reply, our team size is 25 employees so I believe Industrial Employment Standing Orders Act is not applicable to our company. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thank you.

From India, Delhi
Shrikant_pra

Even though the act is not applicable to you, you cant have unduly long probation period for employees.
From India, Mumbai
Shrikant_pra

Does your company have only one office or more? If so the manpower of all units will be summed up for applicability of the act.
From India, Mumbai
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear Swati,
Since Empl Standing orders Act does not apply to your company ,you are at liberty to fix it differently for different levels of employees. But I don't see any sound logic in fixing different probation period for each employee. You may consider fixing only two periods. For senior level one year and for the rest six months extendible for further period of three months . Purpose of probation period being to assess suitability of each other and too many different periods, in my view, would be unfair and unjust.
Regards
V.L.Nagarkar
HR-Consultant

From India, Mumbai
swatichawla31
Dear Nagakar,
It is complicated and unstructured to keep probation period different even in a small team. I agree with your point of keeping it 6 months standard and 1 year for senior level. I and the business head of my organization were discussing this and he was totally in the favor of keeping a longer period of probation for the senior level employees.
Thank you for your feedback on my query.
Regards,
Swati Chawla

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.