Ahmedjumaa
Dear Members, Good day I have two employees assigned for leave and they didn’t report to duty for more than 20 days, could you please help me to draft a termination letter. Regards, Ahmed Jumaa
From United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Ahmed Jumaa,
Do labour laws of your country permit you to terminate an employee without conducting enquiry for the misconduct that an employee commits? Therefore, I recommend you following legal procedure in vogue.
Secondly, in the last twenty days, have the employees communicated with you on their extended stay? Verbatim of your letter will depend on their communication or non-communication. Please clarify on these points. For further queries, feel free to contact me.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Samuel R

Hi Ahmed, I have attached a sample termination letter for your reference. You can draft the letter accordingly.
From India, Bengaluru
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Termination Letter.doc (19.5 KB, 274 views)

Dinesh Divekar

Dear Samuel,
You have uploaded draft of the letter. However, have you written fictitious name of the employee or the employee mentioned in the letter was on your roll? If latter then you need to withdraw the letter.
Going further, your draft has serious legal flaws. It cannot withstand scrutiny of the Indian labour laws. In fact it does not adhere to the basic principles of business writing also.
The letter appears to be written by novice. If you wish to know the flaws then you may contact me.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Ahmedjumaa
Thank you dear Dinesh for your prompt response,
Our procedures stated that if any employee absent for 20 continuous days should be terminated, on the other hand the employee didn't communicate with us , in spite we tried to contact him several times but we couldn't get him.

From United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.