No Tags Found!

AIM Training & consultancy

Hi! It was a two days training session on – “Importance of Attitude & Behavior for successful Life” for workmen in a reputed industry in area of Bhind Murena (India) which is known for dacoits – Chambal Ghati. Before starting the session, HR manager suggested not to indulge in any sort of arguments with participants because some of the participants have bullying nature.

As a general practice, the company nominates few participants who are notorious. When I started my session they incited nuisance by asking baseless questions, queries and commenting on replies etc.

It was awkward; I thought for a moment and turned on 180 degree angle. I asked them to come to dais and say few lines on Attitude & Behavior. They were all dazzled as speaking within the group might be easy but in front of group is the most difficult part. They started looking at each other’s face and got frightened because of pinpointing.

Eventually, my session went smoothly and even those bullies started to take interest in a positive manner.

So, I learnt the lesson that tricks and tactics are important to deal with such bully participants.

From India, Jhalawar
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Aim Training & Consultancy,

Your presence of mind and savoir faire to handle the unwieldy participants is laudable. If you had buckled under the wayward behaviour of the participants, possibly the training session would have failed and it could have emboldened the participants to repeat their behaviour. Trainers in general are trained to handle urbane participants. However, occasionally few participants who are boorish or highhanded find their way into the classroom who derive sinister pleasure in derailing the session.

Even in normal circumstances few participants start unwanted arguments in the training and handling such participants is becomes a challenge. However, yours was far serious case than those type of participants. Still you did not allow few oddballs to hold the training session in ransom.

You deserve additional appreciation for sharing your real life experience. Training or consulting community not necessarily use this forum for the sharing their experiences. Rather they use this to promote either their business or get some advice from others. In contrast what you have done is to reveal the actual sequence of events that had taken place. Kudos to you!

All the best!

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
amolnakve

Hi, Nice to read something which is having real and lively feeling. Faith Amol
From India, Mumbai
V.Raghunathan

Hi AIM Consultancy,
You have handled the situation very well.
THROWING BACK THE QUESTION is certainly a proven ploy.
Budding trainers would do well to emulate your action.
Thanks for sharing,
V.Raghunathan

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.