No Tags Found!

Startup_recruitment_firm

Hello all, I believe the issue which I am about to discuss in this post, has been faced by most placement consultants at some point of time in their career span.

I am new to the recruitment field but i have worked in sales & marketing department at different positions and i understand well the difference between different sales positions.

MY COMPANY received one requirement from an IT firm. The job position actually was for Lead generation executive. but i have to face issue with the same. I lined-up a pre-sales consultant for the same...After 4 days of search n call i found a pre-sales candidate. but when i shared the JD with him he denied even for telephonic interview.

Please download and open the attached file. This is the requirement doc i received from the company. Now i feel that knowingly the company HR has made it ambiguous.

I feel knowingly, the HR has put different types of sales position keywords like 'business development executive' 'inside sales' 'pre-sales' in the requirement doc to collect resumes for All Sales Department's Positions for future use.

...and look at the title of the doc it is 'marketing executive' i.e. another position in sales department.

I am feeling harassed professionally

Being Industry Senior, what are your comments on attached doc.

From India, Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc International Marketing Executive.doc (35.0 KB, 113 views)

Raj Kumar Hansdah

In the given document :
- The job position is for..Business Development Executive - International Sales
- The Desired Profile says....1. Candidate should be a graduate in any discipline with minimum 1 years of pre-sales experience in an IT company for the Latin America /Asia / Middle East market
2. .....
You should know that lead generation, cold calling of prospect customers. and pre-sales ... are all Business Development activities.
I think you focussed only on pre-sales experience and ignored other requirements.
Plz re-read the Job Specifications again.
Also. remember that in Business, the Customer is always right.
You got an Order, you should focus on fulfilling it, rather than making lame excuses and COMPLAINING about the Client.
A Complaint is valid had the Client taken work from you and not paid you for your services. Here, it is very clear that you are not able to even comprehend his requirements.

From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear friend,
This is addition to what Mr Raj Kumar Hansdah has said.
What you have quoted is not even harassment far from being "absolute harassment". What you have expressed in your post is your frustration. You are frustrated because you feel that you efforts have gone in vain. This frustration arose because your client declined to accept the CVs that you had sent to them. The client declined to accept the CVs because they found mismatch between their requirement and the CVs sent to them. The mismatch resulted because of gap in understanding between you and your client.
The lesson for you is to understand the client's requirement clearly. If required, you may have small telephonic discussion for each position. This discussion might help you in deciding the right parameters of selection and avoid in future the situation that has prevailed now.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Startup_recruitment_firm

@Raj Kumar Hansdah
Let me start with this.. I got to know from the competitive companies of client company i.e. who does the same what client does, that the pre-sales consultant is a separate position in their company, the lead generation position is separate.
while discussing with client HR in yesterday session, she said that the sales team is different, the vacant position employees will be passing the lead to sales team.
I think being into HR for a long time Mr. @Raj Kumar Hansdah is biased to their community. The way he wrote is pathetic. Only an age-old person who has failed to achieve.. use this language.
I empathize to Mr. @Raj Kumar Hansdah.
Note: critics are good untill you are right.

From India, Delhi
Startup_recruitment_firm

A request to Mr. Dinesh Divekar..
sir do not get along with the community member. go through my post again. it was the candidate who refused to go for interview because the JD doc is tricky.
Candidate is also smart enough nowadays & he also shortlist the company.
Sorry to keep the title as ... harassment' it was just to attract and have prompt responses.
The only point i was intend to make through this post is if it can be true that the HR wanted sales positions resume for her other company.
Note: The HR is with the company for past 18 years since company inception. She is the only HR in company. The company owners have many other companies in real estate, stock market, infrastructure sector etc. All of them are from Delhi.

From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear friend,
If the job candidate refuses to attend the telephonic interview, then it shows the interest of the candidate. Recruitment is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Therefore, what you had searched was a twig in the haystack but not needle. Please search the needle and you will find that the acceptance from either side.
About your criticism of Mr Raj Kumar Hansdah: - Mr Hansdah is very senior member and he has been giving his comments more than a decade. Therefore, you could have been little charitable while making comments on his post.
Final Comments: - Crux of the issue is refusal of prospective job candidate to oblige you. He is within his rights to do so. How can it be your harassment? In every business, businessmen have to face idiosyncrasies of the customer and they grow in spite of it. Lastly, heading of your post has misled me as well as Mr Hansdah. Therefore, be cautious while writing your posts.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.