K.Ravi

Dear RESPECTED HONOURABLE CITE HR Members,

What i want to point out is that many HR are crying that employees are extending their leaves, taking leaves which is further affecting the productivity of the company. Some good HR also suggested to make the employees work overtime to complete the work, in case they take the leave.

Please tell me one thing, why does the company give leave to its employees, the SL , CL , PL ,EL etc????????

If I take one days leave, anyhow the next day the workload is going to be there be it diwali or no diwali and I need to do overtime for an hour or more , for the comming days, so do really is the company doing any good for me, as whatever leave I am taking I am compensating by working overtime. So literally the company is not at all giving me any leave???

What you guys have your opinion on this.

If the productivty of company is affected, then why it gives leaves, if it gives leaves, then why it does LOP, and other warning letter things, when employees go for leave from their own quota.

Do we really need such type of HR to run the compay ???????

From India, Pune
Manish Mishra

Hi
Fine enough. But y dont u try to understand. You are also a part of the company. Leaves are provided to you so that your social life should not get affected. But ofcourse there are ome of your responsibilities as well. Would you like to leave your work in between.
You cannot leave your responsibility of your professional life or personal life and to maintain that balance leaves are provided.
Thanks
Manish

From Denmark, Copenhagen
malikjs

Dear
as per rule management can refuse to grant leave but when we are calculating manpower requirmentfor an establishment ,we take leave absentism,festivals in to consideration,so not granting leave is not solutionand we are human being and require leave for many purposes
.if someone is taking frequent lreave without permission,donot grant and take disciplinary action against him.asking to work on ot is very costly ,u have to pay double.
tks
j s malik

From India, Delhi
AishaP
I don’t think we generally address the issue correctly in the first place.

1. From an Employee point of view one must understand that the few days that they get to rest is utmost important and Diwalli being a festival it is hard for people to come back to work, as sometimes they have relatives and household stuff to finish.

2. From an Employer point of view, we haggle with our employee about the leave days granted and this is okay to do because of deadlines and client requirements etc.

However we must look to meet our employees half way that, way they will meet us half.

Never haggle for a holiday when it is possible, to start with.

Incase of deadline make sure that the employee understands the need of the moment.

Don’t reprimand employees after the deed is done; inform them in advance that if so and so thing happens the guideline clear state the repercussion.

The best way of solving issues is communication. Create clear forum between the HR and employee. At least try!!! I won’t say it always works but that why we know that we are trying to do what our job requires us to do be ‘Human’.

sreekanth_vu
Helllo,
First of all i would like to tell you that no company happily sanction leave to their employees, but then why they are giving leave just because they have to follow the Statutory Rules. Never any company compel you to go on leave, it is your requirement and if you are availing the facility then you have to suffer by doing overtime and all.
Regards,
Sree

From United States
Jeroo Chandiok

Agree with Aisha. Frankly, what she has posted should have been self evident to the person who began this posting in the first place. But I suppose some people need to be told the obvious. Jeroo
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.