scare_crow

INDIAN EMPLOYEES ARE A EXPLOITED LOT:-
I FEEL THAT LOT OF COMPANIES EXPLOIT LABOUR IN INDIA WHEN COMPARED WITH OVERSEAS COUNTERPARTS.....INDIANS ARE MADE TO DO STRECH HOURS....INDIANS WORK UNDER SOLID PRESSURE.....I THINK THIS IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT INDIA DOES NOT HAVE STRICT LABOUR LAWS...WHEN COMPARED TO U.S. IN U.S COMPANIES CANNOT MAKE PEOPLE WORK FOR MORE THAN 8 HRS, BUT IF THEY DO THEY PAY THEM OVERTIME...BUT HERE IN INDIA PEOPLE LIKE US DO 14 HOURS SHIFTS & ALL.....DUE TO THIS ATTITUDE OF "USE & THROW" LOT OF US ARE BURNING OUT FASTER....WHICH IS INTURN CAUSING GOOD AMOUNT OF ATTRITION...IN OUR FIELD
POST YOUR VIEWS TO ENLIGHTEN ME & OTHERS ON THIS BURNING ISSUE
LOVE U GUYZ
VISHAL

From India, Mumbai
jayavelk_mba

hi
the topic you gave for discussion is an behavioural issue. Employees today in India are almost exploited by their companies.
Indians are highly flexible and the companies (MNC's) penetrate India only due to this reason. Since the employees like working in long hours due to high pay, the employers also exploit them.
But in the case of U.S. they have advanced labor laws which is not present now in India.
May be some other person in the forum can give a detailed information on this
with regards
jayavel.k

From India, Madras
Anonymous
i am agreed with you to an extent...but i think its not only the companies...but one reason is that the employees let themselves exploited nicely...coz to be they are paid good for that...and they know if they wont take this chance..some one else will do..that is the major difference in id=ndia and US ...you leave the job here and there ll be thousand more here to work in your place in less money so ..the competition wont let you leave the job...
just a view guys,,,
:P vrinda

Reena

i agree with Vrinda. employees tend to do a lot of work beyond their working hours to show their efficiency and climb the ladder of career growth.
so employers also tend to take advantage of this fact.
Reena

From India, Mumbai
Dr. Jogeshwar mahanta

Dear friends,
Namaskar.
Going through the heading and the posts I think attitudes are being expressed and not the assessment of the situations. By the expression "DO YOU THINK" in the heading virtually attitudes are invited and not the assessments.
Unless exploitation is defined and parameters are fixed, mere attitudes lead nowhere. The central theme of Das Capital of Karl Marx is exploitation only. His deinition is that the extent of exploitation is directly proportional to the rate of surplus value? Do you agree?
Otherwise, jisko jis bakat mauka mila usne us bakat dusreko chuna lagaya. Right?
Regards,
Jogeshwar

From India, Delhi
Anonymous
right friend but...aaj kal to jisne jitna chuna lagaya woh utna ho profit paayega...correct,... :twisted: vrinda

Ajmal Mirza

Can we really say that we are being exploited...
Let us count what we are losing
  • 1. We work for 48 hours a week [officially, let us not count more at this point]
    2. We are paid in Rupees [Hey the americans get in dollars, some 46 times more than us]
    3. The pay-package (even in real terms) is much lesser as compared to USA
add to the list
Let us count what we are gaining
  • 1. We get job security [americans can get pink slip any weekend as the labour laws on this angle is quite lenient their]
    2. We are on payroll [most of the americans are actually (on paper) working consultant, so doesn't even get the pink slip]
add to the list
You can add to the list and giving proper weightages can work out which is more beneficial...
As for specific exploitation [out of the purview of law] I think it works out to be same all over the world.
As is weighting system is more of subjective nature, I would suggest that everyone work out, his own weights for all the points. [Add to the points given] and weigh whether we are being shortchanged..

From India, Ahmadabad
Dr. Jogeshwar mahanta

"As is weighting system is more of subjective nature, I would suggest that everyone work out, his own weights for all the points. [Add to the points given] and weigh whether we are being shortchanged"
Dear friends,
Namaskar.
First of all let thre be concensus on the above.
Regards,
Jogeshwar

From India, Delhi
Ajmal Mirza

What I have tried to give in the previous post is a systematic way of approaching a problem and selecting an option
  • If we are discussing about the Labour Laws of the countries, [From the topic, obviously we are not discussing that] more or less the labour laws are equal in both the countries
    If it is of human nature [exploitation be companies / employees] than, I believe that there is exploitation every where (if working long hours for your company means exploitation to you) (it certainly is not for me, not as of yet) And it of more of a subjective matter, as I like to work harder so that my company grows, somebody else might not. Somebody might be ready to take late salaries, if the cash condition of the company is not good, somebody will call it exploitation. Further, we can find it all around the globe. If somebody has access to any research work that employers around some part of the world exploit less than others, then I would request him to post the research paper on the board/give link to so that we all can be benefitted

From India, Ahmadabad
thesysthink

:cry: Dear Ajmal,
I think some portion of Indian HR Employees are exploited by Corporations (especially at the start of career) .. I would just like to let you know my experiences working with some companies .. :)
1. I am working for more than 48 hours a week on an average .. No incentives / overtime for extra work
2. My Sundays and Weekdays are not off, if required by the Organization. And that 'if' comes quite frequently ..
Just sharing my Opinion, I would like to have a Good and justifiable Compensation rather than job Security .. and there are my friends who really share my concept. Hopefully If I am Competent and Accountable, no employer would like the idea to leave me .. :D
Regards,
Thesysthink

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.