madanemukesh848@gmail.com
I am working in Bank, I have taken leave for my mothers illness and branch has provided me 1 month leaves, thereafter i again demanded for extention of leave as mothers condition is serious, but branch manager does not provide extention of leave even providing medical certificate to manager he has marked unauthorised absent in payroll, now what should i do so that it will be treated as no work, no pay only.
From India, undefined
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Mukesh,

There are various types of leave. Earned leave apart, many companies make provision for "Leave Without Pay" (LWP). When emergent situation arises and when employee does not have any leave balance, he/she can apply for LWP. Therefore, you may talk to your HR and ask for LWP on compassionate grounds. If you are working in the same city where HR is then go and talk to him personally. If the HR is located at some different station then talk to him on phone and explain your problem. Hopefully HR shows temperateness. If HR also shows intemperateness, then you will have no option other than resigning from the job.

As of now you are attending your filial duties. Problems of your kind are common amongst the lower/higher middle class persons. Nevertheless, we have to strike balance between filial duties and career requirements.

From the company side, they are unable to grant any more leave because most of the companies work with lean manpower. There is no provision for standby manpower like in government departments. Hence their inability to extend your leave.

Both the parties have their own perceptions. However, when perceptions differ, situations of this kind arise.

All the best!

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
rprama

Please furnish the following details to guide you properly:
1. Name of the Bank and Leave rules followed.
2. What kind of leave you have applied in various spells till date and proof of leave applied
3. The various kinds of leave at your credit as per your Bank rules as on the date of your first application for leave
4. When you have applied for Leave, how the Branch Manager had put your name on Unauthorized absence?
5. your name and Name of the Branch in which you are on roll.

From India, Coimbatore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.