No Tags Found!

Rachana Gadage

Hi all,
I am working with IT / KPO type of compnay. Our leave structure is saturday sunday off, 4 sick leaves for a year, 12 leavese for a year and 10 holidays. Whatever leaves we are having, is it enough? or is there any act or laws for minimum leaves to employees?

From India, Mumbai
Raj Meritech

Dear Rachna,
I am also working in software company and you are getting more leaves then us. We are getting 10 Earned leaves and 10 festival leaves in one year. I saw in many software companies they give only 8 Earned leaves and 8 festival leaves and the employees of these companies are happy. So i think these are enough according to software company. I think factory Act 1948 will not promulgated on Software Company according to Factory Act there are following leaves:-
1) One weekly off within 7 days.
2) Earned Leave - Maximum 15 (in one year)
3)Sick Leave- Minimum 7 (in one year)
4) Casual leave- Minimum 7 (in one year)
Thanks

From India, Gurgaon
unusual_indu

Hi Rachna
You need not worry. Even we are getting lesser no of leaves than your company is giving.Our Leave structure is
1 Sundays off
2 Second saturday is off
3 12 casual leaves in a year(1 casual leave per year -maximum 6 leaves can be accumulated and taken at a strech)
4 no sick leaves
5 10 public holidays
Hope this helps to solve your query
Thanks and Regards
Indrani Chakraborty

From India, Pune
kamleshkanojia

Dear Friend, Factory Act does not mention anything abut casual leave of sick leave. If you have read thsi any where , please give me the reference. Regards, Kamlesh K
From India, Mumbai
RSUDHAKAR

Hi folks
As per factories act 1948, pls keep in mind
The employee should have worked for 240 days to be eligible for PL for next year
New joinees in middle of the year will be eligibe for PL for Next year
For young persons (under 18 yrs) it is one day PL for every 15 days worked and for adult (above 18yrs) it is one day PL for every 20 days worked
There is no specification on CL and SL in factories act
Regards
R.Sudhakar

From India
Vineet Mittal

Dear Rachna,
For ur co. The Shop & Establishmant Act 1954 will come in firce Accoding to that Leaves Rules Are :
Earned Leave : 15 Days in a Year,
Casual & Sick Leave : 12 Days in a year.
Thr is no byfrcaton between CL & SL.
u can applu these rules for ur co. it is mandatory.
for furthre help , im here
Vineet

From India, Delhi
nilendrachand

Yes Vineet, you are right. But Shops and Establishment Act is a state act and it varies from state to state. Therefore its not necessary that the same will be applicable to her.
Therefore, Rachna pl check Shops and Establishment Act of your region to get more details.
For all software cos. Shops and Establishment Act is applicable and not Factories Act.
Regards,
Nilendra

Vineet Mittal

Exactly Nil, u r abslutely right , i havn’t seen that she belongs to Mumbai. Dear y hav 2 seen Mumbai Shop & establishmant Act ,u cn get the correct information. Vineet
From India, Delhi
arrpita
what act is applicabe to a cosmetic industry? where can i get more information on the mandatory leave structure

sr laksminarasimman
I am grateful to Mr.Vineet Mittal and Mr.Nilendra Chand for their views on statutory provisions regarding leave.What will be the position in the case of company having its Factory in outskrits of Chennai, whereas the registered office /head office is situated in Chennai.? For factory employees leave rules as per Factories Act.For Head office employees which Act -Factories or Shpos &Estblihments? Under company 's rules employees can be tranferred any where. Kindly advise.
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.