designtrinity
Hello all, recently I traveled from Mumbai to N Delhi via Air-TO-FROM for a interview. Company has already given email agreement on for travel reimbursement. i submitted my bills and left as they told me that they will transfer in my bank AC. I sent them all and even after week they are keep giving me reasons of PROCESS.
It is 9+K amount and I can not afford to lose it. Pls advice as I think they are NOT WILLING to pay that is a reason they are giving excuses or it might take too long to receive which I can't let it happen.

From India, Mumbai
learningnovo

Keep on following politely. Send them regular mails. In an organization delays can happen. Ask then a time by when they will release the money.
In case you feel after a period of time that the company is 'taking your for a ride' then send them a formal notice via a registered mail.
Hope you get your money back soon!

From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Designtrinity,

This is in addition to what Atul Sharma has said. Most noteworthy point in his post is about being polite.

Secondly, when the company approached you for the interview, why you did not tell them to make arrangement for the air travel? What was hold up? Rather than arranging the air travel, if the company tells the job candidate to make arrangement for the air travel then it throws light on the company's culture. I sense lack of authority of the HR department. HR has played safe by passing the buck to the candidate.

Thirdly about delay in settlement of the TA claim. This happens anywhere and everywhere. Even American MNCs are notorious for the delayed payment. Few MNCs are so process centric that they do not understand that what they call as "being process-centric" is nothing but plain bureaucracy. Therefore, show patience at least for a month.

Lastly, you have written that you have received e-mail agreement for the reimbursement of the airfare. Who has sent the mail? What is the designation of that person?

Final comments: - The delay in settlement of TA claim, tendency of the HR to tell job candidate to make arrangement on his own speaks about company's internal way of working. Even if job candidate is told to make arrangement for the interview, what matters is expeditious settlement of the claim. The incident puts into question image-consciousness of the company.

Hope you have applied for the manager. Is this the way manager should be treated? Therefore, even if you are offered a job you need to take a call on whether to join company or not. An environment of trust is missing in this company, that is for sure.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Anonymous
As you have mentioned its just a week, its suggested to just keep a regular followup (for a month, as also suggested in last respose) and hopefully it will be closed in a positive way.

What forced me to respond on this query is the last response with a lots of questions on the professional approach of organization. for an example, The organizations with which i have worked so far, i have developed a simple process i.e. let the candidate make the travel arrangement and reimburse in 7-14 working days and the reason for this approach is the multiple last minute back-out even after having the confirmed arrangements, when arrangements done by organization.

In current scenario, No professional organization (whether MNC or Indian) take risk on their brand name for a trivial amount (atleast for them).

finally its suggested, not to jump on the conclusion to join or not or any trust related aspect, based on just a delayed payment; rather than you should think (not to join) if that organization make discrimination between manager and a lower employee in such processes.

From India, Gurgaon
nathrao

It is a lack of working culture in the company that promised reimbursements have not been done.
I had attended an interview where reimbursement was given for travel expenses when I reported for interview and submitted ticket details.
There at the reception,few officials were sitting who verified documents,took travel documents etc and sent us forward to interview room.
On completion of interview,reimbursement was professionally done without delay.
Tea and snacks were also provided.Overall well conducted interview and good arrangements.
I wont draw too much of a connection about whether such company is worth working in.
Many companies are like this and if we choose to be fussy,then jobs will slip out of our hands.

From India, Pune
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Anonymous,

You could have disclosed your identity. Why the need was felt to conceal the identity was not understood. Anyway let me come to the point. In this thread there are two incidents. One quoted by the poster of this thread and another quoted by Mr Nathrao. Each incident is nothing but reflection of company's culture.

While I buy your argument that when company makes arrangement for the air travel, occasionally candidates do not bother to attend the interview and company is left in lurch. That is why company tells the job candidate to make own arrangement for the air travel. Nevertheless, what stops the company from settling the claim expeditiously? Worst still, the poster says that the company did not commit as such when the claim will be settled. If HR knew that in their company it takes time to settle the TA claims then why this fact was not disclosed well in advance? In his case HR has taken undue advantage of job candidate's gullibility.

In contrast, look at the post of Mr Nathrao. The kind of treatment he was given clearly shows that they value their future employees as much as they current ones. The company is conscious of their image perfectly.

Gentleman, if you wish to know the real face of the company then talk to the owners of housekeeping companies, security companies etc. They will tell you 'n' number of stories wherein you will come to know that the brand image of so called MNC is nothing but sand of castle. It crumbles day in day out but it is built by helpless Indians who are in need of their job badly. Many of their nonsensical acts are taken in stride by their employees or suppliers and they just move on.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
nathrao

""Thanks for your views Dinesh. Seems its becoming a debatable issue rather than a productive discussion and hence no further comments from my end""
What productive result did you expect??
Members have given suggestions as to how to go about obtaining reimbursement.
Beyond that what is expected by you.
The last sentence is not a nice way of ending a suggestion session.

From India, Pune
designtrinity
thanks guys!
Im in agreement with this
Gentleman, if you wish to know the real face of the company then talk to the owners of housekeeping companies, security companies etc. They will tell you 'n' number of stories wherein you will come to know that the brand image of so called MNC is nothing but sand of castle. It crumbles day in day out but it is built by helpless Indians who are in need of their job badly. Many of their nonsensical acts are taken in stride by their employees or suppliers and they just move on.

From India, Mumbai
designtrinity
most of comments is general happening scenario but, this one is very different one!. This one is passing bucks and refraining from what they agreed in OFFICIAL EMAIL from some Managerial employee -they are not replying my emails and on call giving me assurances surely not true!
taking legal advice n slapping legal notice now. so petty and foolish act by so called company. Decision i took to trust them only because i did get reimbursment upfront!!!

From India, Mumbai
nathrao

Without prolonging this thread any more,I would add that not all housekeeping companies,security agencies are all that clean to point fingers about delayed payments,deductions etc.
They also precisely act in cutting corners.
Housekeeping will not do full job and need to be supervised.So is the case with security.
Blade cuts both ways and we have to accept such imperfections in business life and move on.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.