No Tags Found!

rhl.shm
I talked to my manager today. He is saying that i have to gain the trust of my company again as i broke it by resigning. Now to accept my withdrawal of resignation they want me to sign a one year moral agreement(does not include any money) that i will not leave the organization for one year and if i leave they will not relieve me and also no experience letter will be given.

I do not understand this because i was totally honest in telling them the truth and after realizing that i cannot leave without serving two months notice period as told by my manager i withdrew my resignation. Now are they punishing me for my honesty??? should i have a taken a medical option or told some other lie to get relieved as my previous colleagues did. Is this right? If that is the case a person would never be honest with any organization then.

I do not have any hesitation in signing the agreement for one year but i have my conditions too. I want a raise or hike as if you need something from me i should also get something in return.

Now my question here is do they have the right to expel me for this reason that i withdrew my resignation and not ready to sign there moral agreement? Because that i am sure that i am not going to sign until they give me a hike in salary. or they can simply accept my withdrawal.

Can anybody please seriously help me or give advice ? i am really looking forward.

Thanks TS for your advice but i think the real problem have started now.

From India, Noida
tajsateesh

Hello Rhl.Shm,

The problem HASN'T started NOW...it's just the consequence of the earlier step you took.

IF you are in the chair of your manager what would YOU have done? I guess the same thing that he is doing now & almost for the same reasons.....right?

Now coming to your queries. Reg the 1 year moral agreement, 1 year is not a big period in the IT sector. Unless you have very specific reasons WHY you don't find this agreeable, just go with the tide.

As regards your 'condition' about salary hike/raise, suggest DON'T put this as a sort of condition....at this point of time, you are in no condition to put any conditions. Ask your manager about WHETHER you would be eligible for any Hikes during the year, IF your performance is good or better than what it has been so far.

Put it across as if you are trying to get clarification on this point as you don't want any situation LATER that you are not being given a raise due to this resignation fiasco. Ask what you want.......but with a shift in the 'how'. Hope you get the point.

And IF possible, try to get this in writing [I know it COULD be tough] when the HR accepts your resignation withdrawal........this is to preempt any future situation when your manager himself may leave the company & HR may say they don't know anything about what he said reg the hikes. If writing is not possible, then let this be discussed in front of the HR person.

BUT if you are asking for the raise NOW, I don't think that's realistic or fair. What you are doing now is CORRECTING your mistake.....NOT negotiating for a counter-offer.

And finally, reg your remarks about being punished for being honest.....I would still say "Honesty is the Best Policy". Just keep it up.....NONE has ever repented for being honest......IN THE LONG TERM.

All the Best.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.