shanti.sekhar
Hi team, Could somebody help me in understanding how to calculate the cost of replacement of an employee? What kind of decisions can be made based on the outcome of this calculation? Regards, Shanti
From India, Bangalore
Amith R Murthy

Hi Shanti,

This is a interesting question, when it comes to replacing an employee the important thing is for which position. Normally when it comes to replacing a senior person the cost of replacement might be more compared to the one in junior level. For example in one of the company the assistant manager resigned in december and they got the correct replacement only after six months, here you can easily imagine that the cost incurred is more. But if you take it to a replacement for a Junior level you can get many people walking-in and the cost for replacement will be much less compared to the other case.

When it comes to the question of what we can analyse, by taking the same example of getting replacement of a assistant manager you need to understand how important is he for the team, how was is performance and so on.... based on that you need to first decide is he worth to be retained than you can easily use that cost of replacement to retain that employee. If not the other option is you need to go for replacement without thinking of cost of replacement because the outcome would be beneficial for your company.

Hope you have got some idea about this now and keep posting such questions it is really a good one for discussion.

Regards

Amith R.

From India, Bangalore
shanti.sekhar
Thanks Amith. :-)
I would like to know if there is some methodology or some best practices that organizations follow to calculate the cost of replacement. How can this be measured / quantified?
Regards,
Shanti

From India, Bangalore
Amith R Murthy

Welcome Shanti :D
About using a method to calculate the cost of replacement i don't have correct idea, but i can tell you that it includes few parameters that we had discussed in the other topic and i have pasted the link of that discussion. You might find out some points which might be useful for you to have a method for calculation of cost of replacement............

<link no longer exists - removed>
Regards
Amith R.

From India, Bangalore
Bob Gately

Hello Shanti: To find my free workbooks for calculating turnover rates and estimating the cost of turnover search this site with Bob Gately as the search criteria. Bob Gately gatelycsi.com
From United States, Chelsea
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.