arysh83
Hi Guys,
Recently i have joined as HR in an IT firm which is a private limited company.
They want to keep the Leave policies simple, so they have kept just 2 categories for now. 1) Leaves for which employees are paid 2) Leaves for which employees are not paid.
Employees can take 1 leave each month in which salary is not deducted.
We want to restructure leave policy which can restrict employees from taking more leaves by keeping it simple as it is.
Do anyone is having a proper documentation on same?
Help is appreciable.
Thanks,
Arysh

From India, Ahmedabad
fc.vadodara@nidrahotels.com

There are plenty of Leave Policies available at the site, do research by typing the query in what you need and after reading you can amend according to your need.
From India, Ahmadabad
skjohri1

Hi,
Whereas I fully agree with the views of Saji above, I suggest you to maintain following types of leave:
1. Earned Leave: to be calculated @ 1 for 20 days of work to a maximum of 20 days in the subsequent calendar year- as per Factories Act.
2. Maternity Leave as per provisions of the Maternity Benefit Act
3. Casual leave which may be limited to 07 days in the calendar year.
May be it meets your requirements.
Thanks and regards
S.K.Johri

From India, Delhi
arysh83
Hi,
Thanks for your replies.
I will try to add these points to our policy.
1 more thing is: Management wants to restrict unnecessary leave usage. For example we have 5 days a week system. Saturday and sundays are completely off. so the employees who are of other city sometimes takes extra leaves on friday and mondays to spend more time and get more leaves together.
Our salary calculation is based on working days. so we can say approx 22 working days. So if person's salary is 10000 then pay per day is 10000/22 = 455
and for leaves which are not paid to them, we deducting based on that.
How do we overcome with this problem?
Thanks,
Arysh

From India, Ahmedabad
varghesemathew

Do not follow Factories Act Instead follow shop & commercial establishment Act,ESI Act and MB Acts. Varghese Mathew 09961266966
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
deepa.bhatia

I would suggest the following:
1) Give some incentive to the employees who have not taken any leave in a month or last 3 months to increase the presence of employees in the company
2) Keep the office atmosphere lively and tension free so that employees enjoy being in the company

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.