No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Dear Seniors,
I am working as HR executive, with mid level IT comp.I have completed 1 yr in same comp. My reporting officer who is director of orgnization, does not want to delegate the authority to HR as he himself holds all rights.Even after, he expects 100 % output & also blame to HR when any situation become adverse. Plz help me how to deal with it, cause whatever I am doing is not worth unless I get his approval.

From India, Mumbai
jeshkan

Hi,
You must sit with your boss and disclose your grievances. Request you boss to express what he/she expects from you and let him/her know what support that you need to fulfill his/her expectations.Go along with detail note on your expectations/grievances and share with him without leaving anything.
If he is able to delegate the authority does not mean that he wants to hold all rights with him, it also means that he does not have the confidence on you people. It is your duty to equip yourself and show him that you can perform well. Give him some two or three examples when your performances were appreciated by all so that he will have confidence on you...
You can not expect him to delegate all which is not possible but you can get what is to be given to you if you can make him understand your potential by performing well.
Regards,
M.Kannan

From India, Madurai
Anonymous
Thanks Mr. Kannan for your valuable inputs.
But situation in my company is slightly different, I am performing well (specifically in recruitments & training development) & everyone appreciated that many times. The only problem is that, he does not want to involve me any employee welfare activity on ther side he only want to involve in grievances, & creating nuisances against me when I am not able to solve it cause of lack of exp & exposure.
Your suggestion of discussion was very right & already tried that. but its of no use, he just want to make a point, that in His company HR is only for Documentation & Admin purpose.
The idea to resign & look for better opprtunity, will go better?

From India, Mumbai

Hi Anonymous Member,
You have mentioned that you have completed one year in the company, which is not considered to be a very period of experience to take independent charge of the department, which is handled by an officer of director rank. We come across different people in life and it will be very unfortunate if we can't deal with such situations specially as a HR man.No doubt you may be delivering to the best of your ability but it seems that still you have not been able to gain your boss's full confidence, which takes long time.I suggest you talk to him when he is in good mood and share your problem. If still the situation doesn't improve, you can talk to head of the organisation. you should not mind as there is nothing unusual as the HR personnel always has to bear the blame even for policy failure of the company.
BS Kalsi
Member since Aug 2011 I

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.