No Tags Found!

Venkatesh Mohan

Leave policy (Casual Leave / Earned Leave/ Sick Leave) adopted in Major IT companies??
we have leave policy which covers the following leave types
Casual Leave (12 Days) :Eligibility : To all Employees. It will be credited after the first payroll and their entitlement will be pro-rated based on date of joining.
Earned Leave (12 Days)
Eligibility - All full time Employees who have completed their 1 year of service are eligible.
Sick Leave (12 Days)
Eligibility - All full time Employees who have completed their 1 year of service are eligible.
My queries are
1) I get feedback from experience new joinee that earned leave & sick leave eligibility was not fair, for experience members there should be earned & sick leave. They quote other companies / industries standards.
2) Did the number of leave granted in our leave policy is matching to industry standards.
Please advice & comment.

From India, Chennai
consultme

1. My suggestion is to increase the Earned Leave by 6, i.e 18, 1.5 per month and reduce sick leave to 6
2. 36 days is no where less than what rest of the world practice
3. On top of this, company would be giving off on National Holidays, right

From India, Bangalore
chantig

EL: 18, SL:6 CL: 6 , total 30 should be fair enough. You giving 36, as the above emmber said, its no where less than industry standard. I see from your query that all your employees concerned about the eligibility not the number. You can think of reducing the eligibility to 6months form 1year, as I see most of the companies have this as 6months.
From United States, Ogden
ukmitra

Hi Mohan,

Good question.

Well, we have act already in place to help you as far as Leave Act is concerened, but what interests me more is your question "Employee always compare us with other competitors and argue on Industry Standards". I have give below a wonderful link, which you will give indepth knoweldge and study on Leaves in Indian Labor Context. Hope its helpful.

Now, speaking of employee comparing with competitors and Industry Standrads. Believe me, there is no regulatory body in India including our Labor Commissioners office, who have taken the pain to set Standards for us, with developing markets. For them, Old age Act made in 1958 is the "Golder Rule Book".

When I was in Mumbai, my office was stone throw from Mumbai Labor Commissioner Officer at Tardeo, Mumbai. I had personally visited his office and was never allowed to meet him but his Secertary. When I inquired on the IT Industry standards and any reports they can share with me on Office Leave Rules being followed by companies in Mumbai, you guessed what; they have none. It was a utter shame for me, as we being in financial city hub, are in such lousy state, leave apart what would be the case in outskirts of Mumbai. Anyways, I had m own resource and got the best of them while formulating our Leave Policies.

Few guidance for you:

Having said above, I would urge, you set your own standards based on your own office work culture and hardship. Suggest you develop your own network within your IT industry in your business sector and seek inputs from them on their leave policies. Candidates who come for interview are a great source of such information.

According to me your leave seems good enough. But would want to know "how much of this can be carried forward and for how many years as per your company Policy". In my firm, I had urged the management and made them agree to carry forward both SL+EL for max limit of 240days. Anything over this employee will have to compulsory encash @ 50%. Encashment is something our company owners won't like. So, you need to really sell this ideas as HR business partner. Use your HR skills.

Now here is the link for your study, I mentioned above:

Paycheck.in - Leave Policy in India, Maternity Leave, Paternity Leave

Ukmitra

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.