rmshbala

Anyone can successfully practice meditation. Failure only occurs because many

people practice things that are not really meditation at all. When people say to me, ‘Meditation doesn’t work for me’, it always reminds me of what a great friend

of mine said to a corporate cus tomer who, when asked whether he’d tried a certain

motivation technique with his staff replied: “Oh we’ve tried that, it doesn’t work.”, to which my friend retorted, “It may not be what you tried, maybe it’s just how you tried it.”

Many people who have given up on meditation complain that they cannot concentrate, their mind is full of thoughts, they cannot get any peace, saying “It is so frustrating, I don’t seem to be getting any better at it”, but everyone of these comments tell

me the same thing: you’re doing it all wrong! If you are sitting down to meditate in order to attain something, become something or transform something, that’s the start of your frustration right there. It’s like a power station transforming coal into electricity. If you mine the raw coal, just one part of the process, and then say, “Well I’ve failed, I didn’t create

electricity”, it would be obvious that you had not completed the whole process

and your expectations are too high. This analogy is the equivalent of people

sitting down to attain a focussed mind from meditation. There are parts to the

process that need to be observed before you can attain concentration.

Anyway, concentration is not the point of meditation either. It too, is just another

part of the process. It is not simply having created electricity that is important, it

is how we apply the power that makes a difference in our lives.

This Practical Guide to Meditation That Really Works is part of my commitment

to helping people with their awareness practice. This beginners guide is explored in more detail on my website Michael Paul Stephens - Wellness Philosophy for Personal, Community and Corporate Wellbeing his guide will help you overcome some of the pitfalls and barriers to meditation that I have faced in my practice. Meditation is not about enlightenment, although it is a tool for its attainment, it is not about being able

to sit with single-point focus in a full lotus-position, although the focus is useful;

A Practical Guide to Meditation That Really Works.

Have you Discovered Michael’s Other Books Yet? “Provolution – A Guide to Changing the World Through Personal Evolution” and “Equanimous - A Channeled Dialog of

Why You are Here and What You Can Do About It Right Now!” are both out now. For more information please visit Michael’s Site meditation is about you learning more about yourself than you knew before you sat down and tried.

Every single time you meditate, you will achieve that. There is no failure if your

goal is to be a witness of who and what you are in the present moment,

whoever and whatever that may be. Read on and learn how meditation can be

simple, effective and bring great clarity to your world as it has to mine.

Michael Stephens

Sharing A Practical Guide to Meditation That Really Works. This will help us to overcome stress which we face on a daily life.

From India, Hyderabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf a practical guide to meditation that really works.pdf (1.76 MB, 191 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.