No Tags Found!

haribabu.P.G

Dear All,
I am working in MNC last five years now i am going to resign immediately short notice period. my date of joining is 14.03.2008 and resignation filed on 15.2.2013 with notice period up to 15.03.2013 .
kindly let me know my eligibility for gratuity & your suggestion for the same.
as per my contract I have 1 month notice period.
regards,
hari

From India, Chennai
R B Yadav

Dear
You will be eligible for gratuity in accordance with payment of gratuity act. No need to be worried as you have completed five years of service with the management. You have qualified the tenure required for eligibility for gratuity..
Regards
R B Yadav
Advocate

From India, Mumbai
tajsateesh

Hello R B Yadav,
Are you sure the Notice Period is INCLUDED in the 5 year period for gratuity?
I recollect seeing many earlier threads in this Forum about some companies NOT counting/including the Notice Period, i.e., expecting the resignation after THE FULL 5 YEAR term of service.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
bk mohanty

As per your statement, you will be eligible for Gratuity as you are likely to complete just 5 years.
With regard to resignation,while your notice period is 1 month and you are serving the notice
which is less then 1 month , it will not have any impact on your gratuity eligibility. However towards
short notice, your management might deduct the balance days period shortfalling one month from
your settlement.
Good luck in your future endeavors.
regards
bk mohanty
Director
Cypress Management Associates

From India, Bhubaneswar
Sharmila Das

Dear Mr. Haribabu. P.G,
Here is something that is catchy, Gratuity has nothing to do with the notice period that you serve. It requires the basics i.e., completion of 5 years of continuous service in the same organization. You're all the most eligible in terms as per the sec 4 of Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972.

From India, Visakhapatnam
ashama87

Dear Mr.Hari
You have already qualified for gratuity as you have 240 working days in your working tenure in the 5th year and regarding the notice period,the 240 days are actually working days and notice period also includes the working days.
Thanks

From India, Ghaziabad
rbadrinarayan@novell.com
Dear Hari,
There is no relation between Notice Period and mandatory period of five years service for Gratuity. For Gratuity eligibility what is counted is the duration between your date of joining and date of relieving from the organization. Even if its a day's notice period if duration of service if full five years you should be eligible for Gratuity.
Hope this helps, Thanks...
Badri
Disclaimer : Views, opinions, suggestions etc. expressed by me in this and other professional forums are my own. These in no way represent or obligate my present, past and future employers or associates.

From India, Bangalore
rsubbu
Dear sir, My self Subramanyam working as HR Assiastant in manufacturing industry.. How we will calculate the gratuity & wat basies . Thanks & Regards, Subramanyam Mobile no- 09912116211
From India
sumitk.saxena

Dear Subramanyam, gratuity is calculated on basic + da and payable to only those who have completed 5 year of service. thanks & regards, from, sumit kumar saxena
From India, Ghaziabad
klepakshi1967@yahoo.com

Dear Subramanyam As per the Gratuity act the calculation is Basic pay * No of years served /15 For more details pl contact Laxmi 9866917232
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.