Anonymous
Hi,
I have 4+ years of experience in dot net .I joined in new company with 6 lakhs salary almost completed 1 month but I am looking for 7.5 lakhs salary so I am not able to concentrate in my job, I am totally confused. Can I resign the job (Notice period 60 days) and search new job or can I ask current organization to give my expected salary.

From India, Bangalore
Pandiarajan AD
Dear , My sincere advice is not to switch jobs immediately because that may have an impact in the future. Better sit and analyse what to be done to manage your current tasks. thx
From United Kingdom,
nashbramhall

I wonder why you took up a job that paid you less than your expectation. Why do you think that you are worth that much and the company should pay you? It's always a problem when expectations are not met.
Also, seethe discussions at https://www.citehr.com/427366-theory...ml#post1933533 Did you demand 7.5 during the interview? If not, it's too late. No company will give a 25% pay raise after just one month, thattooif you are not concentrating on the job. You are always free to resign giving due notice and look for a new job.

From United Kingdom
tajsateesh

Hello,

Further to what Pandiarajan & Simhan mentioned, going by the general CTC ranges for .Net skills today, 6L p.a. IS OK--UNLESS you have other special rare skills OR you are comparing with your friends who might be in larger companies. You could have given the reasons for your expectation of 7.5 L along with your posting.

Your II option ['can I ask current organization to give my expected salary'] has been answered by Simhan--it's too late. There's also a chance that your 'standing' in the present company coming down--adding to your troubles.

Reg your I option ['Can I resign the job............and search new job'], frankly, forget it. You would be bringing a lot of mental pressure on yourself--effecting interview performance in the process.

Like Pandiarajan mentioned, just focus on your present job--howsoever tough you think it is, all it takes is some mental attitude. If a decision of your's can lead you to be so mentally disturbed, frankly, it could be tough-going as you go up the ladder.

Just in case, IF the reason for your changed thoughts happens to be any of your friends, suggest keep away from them for sometime. Peer pressure is an awful [and surprisingly, quite prevalent] way of ruining one's career.

All the Best.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
teamgrouphr

Dear Concerned,
Greetings!!!
You need to introspect, as you didn't research before joining, how much should you ask for in terms of salary.
You should listen to Simhan & give yourself some time to enjoy your job. You perform at your best and ask for a salary hike at your next PMS.
Regards
Team GroupHR
Home
Hi,
I have 4+ years of experience in dot net .I joined in new company with 6 lakhs salary almost completed 1 month but I am looking for 7.5 lakhs salary so I am not able to concentrate in my job, I am totally confused. Can I resign the job (Notice period 60 days) and search new job or can I ask current organization to give my expected salary.[/QUOTE]

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.