jnaer2115
I had a really bad interview experience. I was told by the recruiter that they were looking for someone to come in and revamp their entire training department. When I got there I was told the job description was changed. The interview was really rushed with the Dept Manager and we ran out of time. When I met with the HR person I told her the job description title and tasks had changed and she was really surprised. She told me the Dept Manager called and said good things about me. We also ran out of time and she said she wanted me to come back so we could finish and so I could meet the Division Manager. I then found out from the recruiter today that they decided not to move forward. I was really stunned. I didn\'t feel like I even had the chance to have a complete interview. Is it ever appropriate to give feedback to the company?
From United States, Winchester
saiconsult

This speaks out the reasons as to why their training department is in bad shape. They are not sure of what they want and in the process mishandle the affiars.You need not regret your selection.better opportunities are awaiting you.
B.Saikumar
HR & Labour law advisor
Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
pareekbhuvanesh@gmail.com
Hello Dear,
Its a common Responsibility Assignment error which caused such confusions and ended up as a bad experience for you. You must consider yourself lucky enough not been tagged in such confused system. Mr. Saikumar in above post rightly said that you have the entire sky to fly, dont get upset and try for another one.
But yes, you need to tell the recruiter about this through an honest feedback, after which they may correct themselves if they feel to do better in future by evading such haphazardness in one of the most important tasks such as recruitment.
Best Regards,
Bhuvanesh Pareek
Kolkata

From India, Calcutta
tajsateesh

Hello,
I too am with B.Saikumar--everything that happens will be for our good. Consider yourself lucky that you didn't land-up in such an environment & repent later.
Coming to whether you should give this feedback to the company/recruiter, I am not so sure. 'Unsolicited advice' is often mistaken--the recruiter may think that you are giving such a feedback since they said NO to you.
There are 2 terms in Sanskrit--'paatra daan' & 'apaatra daan': meaning 'deserving' & 'undeserving'. The 'daan' [alms/aid/help] can be monetary or knowledge or anything else. Pl use your discretion to decide.
All the Best.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.